Wednesday fans cars broke into/smashed on Herries Road

15 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Cant believe how no one in those apartments didnt see owt!

And how they have removed it just makes you think it was someone who knows how to remove them ( knows where all the exact bolt, pipes and wire lumes are and its speeded it up ) and have done it so carefully as to not damage the bumper because they need it.

Someone in the trade has done it and probably works with high end performance cars too .

Its a disgusting thing to do to someone, people work hard to buy decent stuff and some set of arseholes think they can just walk in and have it for nothing.

In fairness, if you saw someone messing about with a car, would you confront them?  You'd either think they were tinkering with their own car or simply just not want to get involved.  And unless you're sat looking out of your window the flats would be unlikely to see.  I'd have my blinds drawn at that time for one.

It's pain because I love the car but I pushed myself financially to buy and insure it, this might tip it over the edge come insurance renewal date.

Just not bothered...

18 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

This was happening before too, I remember someone posting about a Corsa.

It's surely not too difficult to stick a couple of unmarked cars in the area as it's obviously a pattern of offending and it must take a little while to do the job properly.

they don't give a ****, it's a wonder they didn't nick him for not displaying a number plate, so long as the scummers don't speed leaving the scene they'll not get nicked.

It's absolutely outrageous that this has been well known for years yet the police do nothing about it. As someone has pointed out on Wednesday there were a group of police doing nothing when we went into the subway and they were still there 35 minutes later when we came out 5 minutes before kick off.  If they really wanted to protect the public and get crime figures down they could simply patrol up and down Herries road from 7.50 until 9.30. One hour and 40 minutes, thats all, and they could be at the ground in 5 minutes in case of trouble.  

2 hours ago, dnhc said:

they don't give a ****, it's a wonder they didn't nick him for not displaying a number plate, so long as the scummers don't speed leaving the scene they'll not get nicked.

40 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

It's absolutely outrageous that this has been well known for years yet the police do nothing about it. As someone has pointed out on Wednesday there were a group of police doing nothing when we went into the subway and they were still there 35 minutes later when we came out 5 minutes before kick off.  If they really wanted to protect the public and get crime figures down they could simply patrol up and down Herries road from 7.50 until 9.30. One hour and 40 minutes, thats all, and they could be at the ground in 5 minutes in case of trouble.  

If you feel this strongly about and you both come up with very good points then why not be a bit proactive and do something about it instead of throwing up your hands. A good start would be at least reporting the matter to tonight's meeting.  If the club brought it up with the police it might have more effect.

Could OT have a permanent suggestion 'box' for this meeting so that the club could read every so often and report back on any reasonable points raised?

• Like 1

Update, the Police have asked the Pheasant if they have checked their CCTV, I was told they hadn't so they were closing the case unless I could get something from the Pheasant CCTV showing the incident.  So basically I have to play detective or they won't do anything.

So yeah, carry on lads, Police don't care, insurance make their money, garage get paid, hire car company get some cash, everyone wins.  Oh except me who's worked my nuts off to be able to buy the car!

Just not bothered...

On 23/08/2018 at 13:21, Vic Flange said:

Unfortunately the Police and associated bodies are more intent on fining people for how and where they park on match days than fighting real crime and catching these morons and scum.

Napoleon's car park is a fiver but at least your car is safe.

make yourself member its free then

8 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Update, the Police have asked the Pheasant if they have checked their CCTV, I was told they hadn't so they were closing the case unless I could get something from the Pheasant CCTV showing the incident.  So basically I have to play detective or they won't do anything.

So yeah, carry on lads, Police don't care, insurance make their money, garage get paid, hire car company get some cash, everyone wins.  Oh except me who's worked my nuts off to be able to buy the car!

Had the spare tyre taken from the van a couple of years ago.

A guy took a video and gave it to me.

Took it to the police as you could see the man and see the reg of the car.

They said they couldnt do anything as the guy was wearing a baseball cap :tango: and it was a hire car :ghoulguy:

49 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Had the spare tyre taken from the van a couple of years ago.

A guy took a video and gave it to me.

Took it to the police as you could see the man and see the reg of the car.

They said they couldnt do anything as the guy was wearing a baseball cap :tango: and it was a hire car :ghoulguy:

I think you should have made a formal complaint about this. 

The problem I see is that there are far too many in public service who go through the motions waiting for their pensions. 

If they worked in business many would find themselves fired. 

13 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Id be amazed if they havent got cctv because they have had one or two 'incidents' at that pub in recent times.

If you do find out they have it they why didnt they let you know the other night?

6 hours ago, Ronio said:

It seems to me, the police are not fit for purpose.

When they answered the 101 call to my mrs (after 45 mins) she complained and the guy said "well you can blame the current government for that duck".

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Id be amazed if they havent got cctv because they have had one or two 'incidents' at that pub in recent times.

If you do find out they have it they why didnt they let you know the other night?

Sorry just for clarity, they DO have CCTV, but it's down to me to see if it shows the incident.  I had a look at the live pictures the other night and you could only just see my car, with all the cars parked around it you'd have no chance.  And frankly how will it help me?

Just not bothered...

15 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

you must understand one or two things about policing, firstly IF there was no crime (impossible) we'd only need enough police to help little old ladies across the road, however if crime was reduced, or even significantly reduced then we would once again need less police officers. 

also it's easier stood outside kfc, or burger king (chatting with buddies) than it is chasing after criminals, or even patrolling up and down, FACT.

and finally, now hands up those who'd like to pay mortgage and car payments payments after losing a well paid job?

Seen the damage caused and heard about it .. never had anything happen to me until Wednesdays game where I had my wing mirror torn off... not a clean break neither so can't fix it straight back on, metal bit inside split in two so got to get a complete new wing mirror .. £70 down karzy just cos some conker vandals .. plus more to sort out all scratches and scuffs to paintwork .. ffs