Wednesday fans cars broke into/smashed on Herries Road

19 minutes ago, torres said:

It happened all last season too.

I wrote to the police and the club making them fully aware of the fact and maybe if they could look into a bit of security or at least some presence during the 2 hours of the match.

Still waiting on a response 

I don't see how the club can help here.

Maybe something to do with public service cut's tho, not enough Police.

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

Shame it was his hand 

Told the old bill he just closed the door to stop him taking anything else from the car and didn't know his hand was in the door.

Got a talking to from the Old Bill and let go. The thieving scumbag walked away with a sore hand to do the next car.

Just now, Prince said:

Told the old bill he just closed the door to stop him taking anything else from the car and didn't know his hand was in the door.

Got a talking to from the Old Bill and let go. The thieving scumbag walked away with a sore hand to do the next car.

Mental Country this 

17 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

On public highways ? 

That's the boys in blues job, not the clubs. 

16 minutes ago, torres said:

I think the club have some duty of care though  - given where it is. 

Both have in my opinion, criminal damage and theft for a start.. and fans coming to support their club. Parking is very limited around Hillsborough and if your coming to watch a public event people want to know it's safe to leave a car without it being wrecked. Where else can people park?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What's with the vigilante stuff?

lol

Sit down you nutters and put pressure on the council and police to get it sorted

They will sort it with "Rotherham Borough  Council" rules & efficiency..............they are all trained in the art of "turn a blind eye" until they get promoted to "sweep it under the carpet" status.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeeeeeJ said:

Crazy you lot think the Police can spare a couple of coppers to just patrol up and down the road. They haven’t even got tbe resources to go to jobs happening at the time.

Rather than slagging them off, whinge to your local MP’s. 

Have you seen how many police congregate together at each game having a good chin wag? 

What nonsense 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What's with the vigilante stuff?

lol

Sit down you nutters and put pressure on the council and police to get it sorted

Neils is absolutley right

It's the Council and the dibble that need sorting I suggest a two flash mobs putting the windows through at the Council offices and Snig Hill nick at the same time.

That ought to do the trick.

Well said Hargeaves.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

On public highways ? 

That's the boys in blues job, not the clubs. 

For a crowd of less than 22,000 there was a hefty police presence last night.

Not too much to ask to send a couple of bobbies up Herries Road whilst they’re sitting around waiting for the game to end.

Perhaps a letter to the Police and Crime Commissioner by some of those affected by this.

It’s criminal damage and it’s being done repeatedly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

Have you seen how many police congregate together at each game having a good chin wag? 

What nonsense 

Paid for by the club and decided where they will be placed with assistance from the club.  If you think they’re stood bored because there is nothing else to do you’re on another planet. 

People that work hard all week, pay for all their own stuff out of their hard earned money & some scum thinks he can break into your house/car & help him sen.

Apart from the obvious, I'm not sure anything makes me more angry

And yes that's coming from someone who was brought up on various traveller sites before anyone make a smart ar$e comment lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeeeeeJ said:

Paid for by the club and decided where they will be placed with assistance from the club.  If you think they’re stood bored because there is nothing else to do you’re on another planet. 

So it’s a case of “Not my job mate” It’s the next Road over from the ground FFS you saying they can’t take a stroll up the pad to stop crime happening?

I live in South West Sheffield, and have parked up around Wisewood for donkey’s years, and touch wood, have never had a problem. As for Herries Road, it’s not just match days that attract the knuckle draggers, I’d find alternative parking if I were you guys. :carlosswfc:

Why can’t the police chiefs put some units on Herries road? You know, try and catch the rumblezoids doing it.

I understand that the police are underesourced and all that. But if they can over police some of these games, why can’t they stick a few up at Herries road? Is this kind of crime less of a priority than filming fans coming out of leppings lane? 

The club should lobby the police to do something about it. 

Edited by bigdan2003