Wednesday fans cars broke into/smashed on Herries Road

11 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why not? I think all of us have a duty to report incidents and get involved. The Police cannot be everywhere, they rely on the cooperation of the law abiding public.

SWFC should offer the bus driver a couple of tickets in one of the lounges as a Thank you.

at its height 'the gestapo' in germany had few in number, but used to rely on people reporting their neighbours and even relatives of 'perceived wrongdoing' for the powers that be to take action.

11 minutes ago, dnhc said:

at its height 'the gestapo' in germany had few in number, but used to rely on people reporting their neighbours and even relatives of 'perceived wrongdoing' for the powers that be to take action.

You are comparing a Bus Driver who actually saved a fellow fan losing his tools and valuables to the Gestapo 

Jesus i think your moral compass is out of whack mate 

• Haha 2

Just now, Harrysgame said:
15 minutes ago, dnhc said:

at its height 'the gestapo' in germany had few in number, but used to rely on people reporting their neighbours and even relatives of 'perceived wrongdoing' for the powers that be to take 

Not sure what the 

15 minutes ago, dnhc said:

What is your point? Are you saying we should not report criminal activity? The SYP are publically acountable and in no way similar to the Gestapo. The  same Gestapo who imprisoned  tortured and murdered thousands of people. Sometimes better to keep thoughts to yourself!

2 hours ago, dnhc said:

People are creating their own meaning of this.... so for parity, maybe cut dnhc some slack and look at it without emotion, but factually.

dnhc on the other hand could have been merely stating how successful informing can be. be it wrong as to what happened in 30's and 40's Germany. it is probably the most extreme but recognisable

use of a wide network of spying eyes.

Or maybe it was a stupid statement... who knows ?  I just couldn't tell from the short one line, so think dnhc shouldn't be judged.

Well done the driver and just sorry the little basts didn't get a good kicking.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why has it taken so long to catch the lowlife , if it wasn’t for the bus driver they would be back again for the next home game , most likely they will anyway .Prison  is the answer , they have caused thousands of pounds in damage and stealing property , lock the scum up for a year . 

its been going on 20-30 years in the herries road area, I once came back to the car around 1998 and saw about 20 cars done, luckily not mine ,since then my car goes nowhere near that chav area . the clowns what got caught will be back in a few weeks doing it again ,what they need is a good hiding ,the only trouble with that though ,is cowards like them will stick a knife in you or spray some bleach in your eyes ,pure vermin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

its been going on 20-30 years in the herries road area, I once came back to the car around 1998 and saw about 20 cars done, luckily not mine ,since then my car goes nowhere near that chav area . the clowns what got caught will be back in a few weeks doing it again ,what they need is a good hiding ,the only trouble with that though ,is cowards like them will stick a knife in you or spray some bleach in your eyes ,pure vermin. 

Well cars are just sitting ducks , it grinds at me to think they can do as they please without payback , sometimes a good hiding helps all round . If it’s such a volatile area and known for it why do fans still gladly park here ? 

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well cars are just sitting ducks , it grinds at me to think they can do as they please without payback , sometimes a good hiding helps all round . If it’s such a volatile area and known for it why do fans still gladly park here ? 

would you leave your car at night in pitsmoor?  I guess most  wouldn't ,I think a lot of fans don't realise that the penrith road,herries road area is a bit dodgy . where I park for the last few years I aint seen any broken glass at the side of cars 

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

would you leave your car at night in pitsmoor?  I guess most  wouldn't ,I think a lot of fans don't realise that the penrith road,herries road area is a bit dodgy . where I park for the last few years I aint seen any broken glass at the side of cars 

Well I don’t know Sheffield that well so wouldn’t know the no go areas really , I just feel they have  targetted Wednesday fans and I don’t like that .

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well I don’t know Sheffield that well so wouldn’t know the no go areas really , I just feel they have  targetted Wednesday fans and I don’t like that .

no its the traffic wardens what target the Wednesday supporters , the thieving chavs don't care who or what you support . anyone what parks on roads around Hillsborough barracks will know all about this, I got a ticket around there 2-3 years ago, I suppose it was cheaper and less stressful than having your glass smashed and stuff nicked though. 

I left as the  penalty was given last night and observerd (rubber necking) 2 police vans parked nose to nose on Herries Road on the downside carriageway as I drove past  going up  - they had apprehended the alleged person(s) and were restraining the incumbent(s) pending further investigation.. 

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Like 2

At least, the next time it happens- and I'm sure it will- it's important to report it because the police will have two prime suspects to check out.  The police only have to check the texts and emails of these two thieves to see if they have been communicating with each other. 

I don't have much confidence in British police nowadays, though.  

8 hours ago, Vic Flange said:

Let's hope they get what they deserve but probably won't. Ought to hand them over to those whose cars have been smashed week after week.

Well done bus driver.

No doubt that's what the cops think...spend £££££££££££££££ out of a limited budget catching em, only for the courts to slap em on the wrist and back at it a few weeks later.

On 26/08/2018 at 00:13, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

Park at the multitude of secure car parks around the ground....yeah it’s a fiver but better than your car being robbed!

before you all jump down my throat I’m not condoning the thieving barstewards but if the coppers ain’t doing owt have a bit of common sense and remove yourself from the situation 

Where are the "multitude" of secure car parks located?