Dont understand

Normally I say ‘pfft, each to their own etc’ but yeah last night I couldn’t understand how people were filing out en masse at 85min when we were clearly under heavy siege with a good 8 or 9 minutes to cling on. I chewed my fingernails to bits in that final few, couldn’t have looked away if you paid me. Left bang on final whistle and was back at the car four minutes later, home on other side of city within 20. I’m really not sure leaving early works the same as it did in the late 1980s any more, when it could genuinely save you ages stuck in traffic - if you leave 5min early these days, you seem to get home literally 5min earlier. Not worth it at all.

5 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

Ieading two one,and all the people leaving the ground.why.apart from that i did enjoy my first beres pork bap.

I stayed till the end and got home at 12:40. travel away from the ground can make a lot of people leave early I guess. I'm tempted to in future. Getting out 5 minutes earlier would get me out of Sheffield half an hour earlier

Was less traffic jams before the powers that be let a big foook-off sainsburys be built (and messed about with the Leppings Lane  junction ..and traffic lights every foookin 10 metres don't help. God knows what will happen next year in the prem and 40,000 every other week. :biggrin:.

Gave up with it now, in the pub, 2-3 pints, call a cab.

In my case it was an attempt to beat the M1 Closure at 10:00. Failed though and sat in the queue for 1.5 hours. No radio Sheffield either to get the reaction. 

Would have been quicker to have gone A61 to Chesterfield first.

Edited by mark1948

6 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

Still makes me chuckle inwardly when I think of all the must-leave-before-the-final-whistle gang who missed out of this spunkfest.....

Remember getting caught in the mother of all downpours and being soaked to the skin. Sat on South Stand two-nil down and considering going home and drying off. Stuck with it to the end and lost my voice when the winner went in. Great game. 

• Like 1

Afraid to say I am one of those to leave early when it's a midweek match as I don't live in Sheffield and need to avoid the traffic as I have to get up at 3.30am for work the next morning.

So please be more understanding of those of us that travel a fair distance and don't work a 9 to 5 job but still make the effort to support our team and buy season tickets.

WAWAW

• Like 1