Fletcher

Great to see Fletch playing without his knee strapped this evening. 

He played with bags of energy, seemed really fit, and was one of the most enthusiastic and hard-working players on the field. He was a real handful for their bigger defenders all night, and combined really well with Matias. 

One aerial battle typified his effort, when he rose above their defender in the first half and fell like a sack of King Edwards, clearly winded. It was not in a dangerous position and we wouldn’t have thought much less of him if he had just made a nominal effort, but instead he challenged like his life depended on it. That’s what you get from Fletch, and that’s why he gets injured. He is selfless and brave - sometimes too brave for his own good.

I also think Fletch is a brilliant foil for Bannan. They know each other’s game instinctively, whether it be the curled pass down the left channel, the early long ball, or the curved pass to the back-post.

Big fan of Fletch. Hope he gets plenty of game time among plenty of rotation with Atdhe. If Fletch stays fit we will be all the better for it. Super centre-forward at this level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've been very critical of his end product during his time here. For a player that had never played below prem level and a supposed huge upgrade on Nuhiu he simply hasn't scored enough goals but I thought he was superb tonight.

• Like 1

Players like fletcher makes other players look better, links up well and does the ugly work for our flair players.

much prefer him lining up than big Dave.

with players like Matias Forestieri hooper Lee Joao and bannan all around him. He’s more than just a battering ram and you know even the toughest of centre backs like tonight’s paring arnt having it easy when he plays 

another great performance by him I’ve a feeling when he gets his first this year he’ll go on a run of goals bit like big Dave last year 

6 hours ago, 1963owl said:

won everything in the air tonight. Just need a goal from him but itll come

What were you watching. 

Hardly jumped half the time.

Agree he had an ok game, but missed a good chance and also had a chance to put players in a couple of times and didn’t get it right.

Why are so many such big Fletcher fans but hammer Nuhiu.

He has an ok game, but isn’t some great savour. Based on Nuhiu’s form he should be first pick. When did Fletcher last score! If it was Nuhiu with his record he’d have been hounded out of Sheffield.

AS much as I love nuhiu, fletcher is twice the player. So much better in the air and linking up play. I thought he was great against hull considering he's been out 9 months, even better last night just needs a goal. Top performance.

I think he’s a very good player is Fletcher. Negatives are that he’s injury prone and he’s doesnt take his chances but his work rate is excellent. He always gives 100% and puts in a shift. He’s done this throughout his career and if you speak to Burnley, Wolves or Makem fans they will all say the same about him.

He will be very useful for us if we can keep him fit all season. He’s a handful and defenders won’t relish playing against him.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Really? Thought he was pretty poor last night. He seems to have awareness issues when he tries to turn, often straight into an opponents tackle.

Also thought he should have done much better with that header inside the first 5 mins - should be his bread and butter!

1 hour ago, Ironman said:

AS much as I love nuhiu, fletcher is twice the player. So much better in the air and linking up play. I thought he was great against hull considering he's been out 9 months, even better last night just needs a goal. Top performance.

57 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Really? Thought he was pretty poor last night. He seems to have awareness issues when he tries to turn, often straight into an opponents tackle.

Also thought he should have done much better with that header inside the first 5 mins - should be his bread and butter!

Owlstalk

lol