This football club

Never boring. 

The pre match meltdown on here and twitter and everywhere else. The moaning and the Monday morning quarterbacking before the game has started. The sniping and the criticisms. Only to see us pick up 3 points and by all accounts play well. 

Other side of the coin. 

The delight when we do what the fans call for. When we play attacking football. When we line up the way people have been crying out for. Only to see us get stuffed. When we have a free hit at it cos teams above us have lost but then we don't turn up. It's the Wednesday way isn't it? 

Basically what I'm saying is never write us off and never get carried away. 44 years or so following this wonderful team has taught me to be sensible. Go with the flow. Take the rough with the smooth. Roll with the punches. Make hay while the sun shines. But above all, you can only fůck with the cøck you've got. Big or small, you make the best of it and you enjoy it while it lasts. 

Yes I'm hammered. But it's reight innit? We all know it. We all thought we'd foōked it when they got a goal back. But they surprised us. Like they often but not always do. The lows make the highs better. It's why we aren't armchair man u fans or Leicester fans or whichever team sky decides are the current best team ever in the best league in the world ever on the biggest stage ever but only if you go back to 1993 or summat.  

And thats what makes us. Ffs it's what makes every fan of teams like ours. It's why the pigs are like us even if we don't want to admit it. (and they'd never admit it cos they're worse than us natch.) we celebrate 1 goal more than glory hunters celebrate a title. 

I'm on holiday on a campsite in France. There's fans of all different clubs here. I've sat through all the live sky games, arsenal man City man u West ham the lot. Not one fan has celebrated a win or a goal the way I celebrated Bannans goal tonight. I might be weird I know, but I reckon there's loads of you who are weird like me. 

Surely it's time to give this a go. Get behind em and see if they can push on to mid table or so. See if they can surpass expectations and not get relegated eh? Cos let's face it, deep down we all want a stress free season don't we? Relegation and promotion scraps are hard work aren't they? Better to be mid table and squeak the playoffs before an against all odds promotion surely? Cut out the stress and worry. Winning at a canter isn't in our idiom. It's not how we do things at S6. It wouldn't be right. We take the path less travelled, the tricky brown instead of the easy pink if you know what I mean. Thats the Wednesday way. And 4 games into the season we all think the same. 

I'm going to bed happy cos we've won.