Tonight's Attendance

10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Population of Newcastle is about half that of Sheffield.  Does that make them twice as good?

urban population  of Tyneside which is where Newcastle draw there support  is bigger than the urban population of Sheffield where historically the blunts and us draw ours ….. 

Just now, torryowl said:

urban population  of Tyneside which is where Newcastle draw there support  is bigger than the urban population of Sheffield where historically the blunts and us draw ours ….. 

So to paraphrase your quote.  We will use the regional population where it suits. 

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

So to paraphrase your quote.  We will use the regional population where it suits. 

i'm not sure what paraphrase means but yes if it suits …..if we are are just going on the actual geographical boundries of a city then the London clubs like arsenal spurs do well to draw the crowds they do in a city with the population of just over 7k 

Just now, torryowl said:

i'm not sure what paraphrase means but yes if it suits …..if we are are just going on the actual geographical boundries of a city then the London clubs like arsenal spurs do well to draw the crowds they do in a city with the population of just over 7k 

They would, if they were located in the City of London. However, they are located in the London boroughs of Islington and Haringey respectively. 

10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

They would, if they were located in the City of London. However, they are located in the London boroughs of Islington and Haringey respectively. 

so you are now happy to move out the city boundaries .. …...end of the day the two area's Tyneside and urban Sheffield are similar in population and the  support of our two clubs can match anything of theres . 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

Sheffield fans have every right to be proud  of the support they give there clubs …an average of 53k watched 2 so so  2nd division sides last season which is more than the city of  Newcastle  that "hotbed of football" pulled in when they won it the previous season . 

Too right they do. Compare this to Leeds, similar sized city and a well supported club, however, they're a 1 team city. 

If there was only one team in this city, stats show that we'd need a 50-60k stadium

On 22/08/2018 at 22:18, Moz_Wednesday said:

Out of interest, what did you make of the red button coverage? 

The quality of the picture was rather poor . The ball flickered terribly on my screen . But overall it was watchable with decent commentary . 

As already mentioned by someone else there’s no replays . In that last minute when that goalmouth scramble took place I’d have like to have seen it replayed , I couldn’t make out what had happened and why Palmer was winded .