Tonight's Attendance

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

They only managed 23,000 against Norwich who brought 1,500 and this wasn't on sky or midweek.

I can't believe i'm about to get drawn into a debate on attendances :rolleyes:

23,850 v Norwich so, Owls logic, you round down yeah? Then, you round 1,217 (source: here) Norwich fans UP to 1.5k?

Then we get onto the Swansea game, which WAS on Sky and they brought less than 1,000 (source: here) but the attendance was 24,654.

The facts aren't really helping you with your dig are they? I do believe that 18,000 of our fans went in on junior tickets though to save money :rolleyes:

You've always had the attendance card in your back pocket to play on us. Now it appears you've used that too often, it's all down to Skys red button :duntmatter:

Edited by mattbianco1

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

It's not only that. Realistically, how many more POTG do you think would have been there last night if it was a tenner. Probably no more than a few hundred.

Apathy, too much football, sky TV, 20 years in the doldrums, people on holiday, 3 decidedly average performances to start the season, no stripes on back of shirt. There are a hundred reasons besides price that keeps people away. The price just doesn't help entice them when they are on the fence.

I don’t think there would have been many more at a tenner.  When it’s a one off people don’t bother because they know the next match will be sky high prices. Put prices down to reasonable price and people may say ok I’ll start going to the match again. These high prices will put people off for good. Yes season ticket holders are the mainstay of the club but P O G are the icing on the cake

I do agree with your other points. 

Guest Maxine
4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No way we can get below 22000 this season due to that being the minimum ST sales. So even if it's a ball freezing night that will be the minimum.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Last nights attendance - 21349

lol:tango:

5 hours ago, londonowl said:

It's not only that. Realistically, how many more POTG do you think would have been there last night if it was a tenner. Probably no more than a few hundred.

Apathy, too much football, sky TV, 20 years in the doldrums, people on holiday, 3 decidedly average performances to start the season, no stripes on back of shirt. There are a hundred reasons besides price that keeps people away. The price just doesn't help entice them when they are on the fence.

This ^^^^, PLUS.....Transfer embargo, lots of players injured, seemingly a shambles behind the scenes, really unattractive opposition, TINY away following etc etc. 

For 20 years we have been, on the whole, rubbish. I hate to say it but we have been badly run and have had players who should never have been playing ( historically speaking ) for Sheffield Wednesday. Apart from the Wembley playoff we have never looked like restoring the glory days. Throughout this awful time we have averaged 20,000. It is quite remarkable and there are very few clubs who could match that over 20 years.

The attendance last night was excellent and the support was brilliant.

10 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Saw an example of two of their lot giving up their seats to two old people on the way out.  Disgusting behaviour.

Bet you were one of the lucky recipients Acqui!

9 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

It was as live as they come..fully live no delay

Seems odd as my girlfriend was watching the goals on her phone on sky sports news which is usually about a minute behind when you stream. 

They had the action on there when it happened & that was still ahead of what I was watching

the red button is a godsend for those that live some distance away or don't travel to away games but it does the club no favours when the locals don't want to turn out coz they can stay at home …..I really think they need to factor this into the matchday price for the next midweek home game .make it a tenner and if they still don't turn up then they'll get a true reflection on how this new coverage is going to affect them . .

14 hours ago, Maxine said:

FFS, the 22000 was only an estimation of 3 year and 1 year ST holders. If I'm about 600 out I can live with that. The thing that gets me are the fans of ourselves and the Blunts going on about attendances as though we're in the top 10 supported teams. Fact is that in the last 50 years, that's 100 seasons, both clubs combined, there has only been 2 occasions where the average attendance has hit 30000.Always been amazed that smaller cities such as Liverpool and Manchester have historically had much bigger crowds. So hove that in your pipe Sid and smoke it.lol

lol:tango:

Sheffield fans have every right to be proud  of the support they give there clubs …an average of 53k watched 2 so so  2nd division sides last season which is more than the city of  Newcastle  that "hotbed of football" pulled in when they won it the previous season . 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Sheffield fans have every right to be proud  of the support they give there clubs …an average of 53k watched 2 so so  2nd division sides last season which is more than the city of  Newcastle  that "hotbed of football" pulled in when they won it the previous season . 

Population of Newcastle is about half that of Sheffield.  Does that make them twice as good?