Tonight's Attendance

10 hours ago, Animis said:

It was ok - refreshing that there wasn't, endless nonsense spouted by the so called experts/pundits -

Although there's no replays, the normal six from different angles gets tedious at times so i didn't mind.

Its was really good tbh... felt you was chatting away with the constant murmer of the crowd.. "programmes for 3 quid"  "get your programmes" felt like u was actually in the south stand.

Commentery was good Guy Havaord decent commentator.. no replays..  

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It was a bit dull. No replays ....no rewind available. Commentator didn't vary his tone all match.. Just 1 camera angle. Like old time BBC coverage but in colour. But better than nothing. 

It was free so can't really complain.

Free ? cost's me £28 a month.

• Haha 2

All these midweek Championship games being on sky are going to affect attendances at most clubs later in season when weather is much worse than at moment. 

Away numbers are already down but some of home fans won't bother with less attractive fixtures that's available on sky and Now tv. 

Millwall commentators said it was an excellent attendance in their opinion...

Thought the iFollow coverage was outstanding, multi camera, replays, way better than Brentford which was very poor, single camera, often zoomed in too much, no replays.

12 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Didn't think the atmosphere too bad, crowd stayed with them, That could be down to the young'uns playing....

POTG is always gonna put folk off, wait til winter, if we are still nowhere, that big red buttons gonna look warm and cosy

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good last night.

The intent and performance of the team always helps, but more often than not when the true hardcore of support is there the atmosphere is normally decent 

Plus parking is easier without the part time red button brigade - so i'm all for it!!

5 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

How many season tickets have we sold this season and how does that compare to last season? 

Take away season tickets and I wager not many will have paid on the night. Who can blame them at around 40 quid each 

Even non members could have got in for £30. But don't let facts get in the way of another of your negative posts. 

14 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Considering the peegs got just over 6000 last week, it’s not too bad. There’s normally more Wednesday fans in the queue for the hotdog stand than that 

They only managed 23,000 against Norwich who brought 1,500 and this wasn't on sky or midweek.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

It was a bit dull. No replays ....no rewind available. Commentator didn't vary his tone all match.. Just 1 camera angle. Like old time BBC coverage but in colour. But better than nothing. 

It was free so can't really complain.

Yeah I agree. I don’t think it was fully live either, probably about a minute or 2 behind the actual match? 

But like you say, it was free & got to watch the match 

2 hours ago, brazilowl said:

Because of high ticket prices all we are going to get season ticket holders and away fans. He needs to lower these prices and not just for odd games. People want to go but refuse to pay the high prices so don’t be surprised when we only get around the 22,000 attendances. 

It's not only that. Realistically, how many more POTG do you think would have been there last night if it was a tenner. Probably no more than a few hundred.

Apathy, too much football, sky TV, 20 years in the doldrums, people on holiday, 3 decidedly average performances to start the season, no stripes on back of shirt. There are a hundred reasons besides price that keeps people away. The price just doesn't help entice them when they are on the fence.

Thought crowd was decent last night, not an attractive fixture and they bring only 200. Few mates also chose to watch on TV rather than try to rearrange shifts. 

So far this season no one has brought decent away following and given that the opposition has not been the most attractive (no disrespect intended), think gates are alright  few wins and it will pick up again.

2 hours ago, chrisd0407 said:

I expected it to be below 20k. Had that been a cold winter night, think it would have been.

No way we can get below 22000 this season due to that being the minimum ST sales. So even if it's a ball freezing night that will be the minimum.