Monstrosity of a starting line up

21 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Im delighted to win of course but some perspective is needed. I don't credit Jos (or whoever is responsible for that line up and tactics) in anyway way at all. 

That’s the manager (Jos). The manager is responsible for the lineup and tactics.

3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Seriously what the heck is that?

Are we supposed to believe that sort of line up can compete at this level?

We're paying top whack to watch line ups such as that tonight. Dear God

I hope those words did not taste too bad as you ate them.lol

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Did Jos show any sort of passion tonight? Did he throw his arms in the air, shout at players, throw bottles on the ground if things didn't work out etc?? One of the key requirements to a win?

Nope, thought not

Still, Coronation Street was well worth the watch! 

I don't think anyone has asked him to throw bottles or wave his arms around but a fair few, me included have wanted him to show more enthusiasm whilst on the touchline. One close win will not alter my view on that.

3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Seriously what the heck is that?

Are we supposed to believe that sort of line up can compete at this level?

We're paying top whack to watch line ups such as that tonight. Dear God

To**er

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

Played well,  lees worries me though, doesn't look him old self and isn't a leader (from a distance). Wonder if bazza should have been chosen as the club captain 

Fletcher for me! But all three today were visibly better at clapping and recognising others efforts and encouraging each other. 

I never realised Jos was so popular! 1 win and he's a hero and a genius. 

Im delighted for the young lads and really hope they improve from the experience. Thorniley in particular was excellent. 

But over 46 games a line up like that sadly looks like relegation fodder. Even Sunderland won the odd game last season.

Im not trying to be critical of those particular players but the situation remains in the grand scheme of things. Just look at the money we've invested and then look at the back 5 we had out tonight. 

Prior to the game there were very few that agreed with that line up. 

26 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Unbelievable reaction to a first win, it's like the whole past is forgotten.

Im delighted to win of course but some perspective is needed. I don't credit Jos (or whoever is responsible for that line up and tactics) in anyway way at all. 

Just slag him off when we lose and win, sounds fair!

18 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Fairplay - it takes big giant balls to double down after starting a thread like this! you sir are a brave man, a slightly silly sausage but a brave man all the same!!

That made me smile.

:rolleyes:

Lot better than being rude.

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Im delighted for the young lads and really hope they improve from the experience. Thorniley in particular was excellent. 

But over 46 games a line up like that sadly looks like relegation fodder. Even Sunderland won the odd game last season.

Im not trying to be critical of those particular players but the situation remains in the grand scheme of things. Just look at the money we've invested and then look at the back 5 we had out tonight. 

Now thrown away your spade and got in a JCB. wow

Edited by Triple O
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Just slag him off when we lose and win, sounds fair!

Out of interest in what basis do you think is the right man?

tonights line up again appeared like he'd pulled names out of a hat. Not for the first time. 

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Keep digging big man... dont give up! 

For what its worth I was and I quote excited, anticipating and hopeful that the line up would do well. I was eager to see Penney for 90 minutes and thought the team had lots of running in it. It did :)