#SWFC 2 : 1 Millwall - Matchday Thread

Just now, full fathom five said:

Which screams desperation to me

dunno, he did it last year and eventually found a way to win,

much rather this, than blindly believing in a philosophy that everyone else can see isnt working, a la steve Mclaren at QPR.

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

No. Need Sky Red Button. Or iFollow match pass. Or I think ReadingOwl said there’s an option to watch the game on Now TV.

No random stream. 

Audio for me and fingers crossed it works ok (for once). 

iFollow will not refund me for the 7 dollars they took off me for the stream for the Brentford game btw. Apparently the stream wasn’t available to the US, but they took the money anyhow, and now won’t refund it.

Scam.

dont have skysports at mo so assume red button wouldnt work. Aint got a tenner for ifollow and i believe NowTV wont work so I guess its the thrill of following owlstalk and its balanced commentary

3 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Certainly looks that way. I thought he'd been totally frozen out, Westwood style, but he was on the bench last week against Sunderland. 

I know he has his critics, but for me he's a very steady and reliable DM, and a better player than Joey. 

Yeh, you will get people saying he’s a terrible player but he has had a career upto joining us that clearly shows he is a very good player 

Along with Abdi he should never have been signed unless we was going to change the formation to suit,  if you play Abdi (even if he was fit) you don’t play Bannan and vice versa 

The lack of an established system that the players understand and apply, is the most worrying so far this season. Add to that, the inexperience in tonight's team and it spells potential disaster to me.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Just now, theowlsman said:

How many supposed bad apples have we got?

He’s not a bad apple he just doesn’t get a look in because of Pelupessy and Hutch 

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Don't see the overreaction to be honest. Everyone was moaning about how poor everyone has played this season. Jos has dropped them.  Can't have it both ways.

Say whatever you want, but he made statement that he won't accept poo performance from anyone.

That is unless you are Dutch off corse :blush:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

He got 10 min vs Villarreal couldn't string a pass. Got booed 

He's played many games for us and been fine. 

Ten minutes in a friendly is neither here or there. 

He is so much better than Pelupessy 

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

iFollow will not refund me for the 7 dollars they took off me for the stream for the Brentford game btw. Apparently the stream wasn’t available to the US, but they took the money anyhow, and now won’t refund it.

Who told you that? It's a load of rubbish.

These matches are always tough when the season has started badly. I think there's a huge confidence problem always at these times - for the fans as well as the team but there is only one way forward and that is self belief and application of a plan. Hopefully the experience of Joss will be putting some steel into the players. It's really about getting a first win, I feel.

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The issue for me is being overlooked by the majority of people on here. If not everyone. It's not the lineup or the formation that matters when we don't play with any game plan. 

We don't have pace, we don't pass the ball well. We don't press the opposition. We sit deep. We let the opposition onto us. It's the same patterns of play no matter who starts for us, no matter what formation. We don't actually know how to put teams under sustained periods of pressure, we are slow, lethargic and uninspiring. This since the start of 2016 has been the general picture. 

I think we might’ve started the season with a game plan based on 3 at the back. But it was evident that the players were not comfortable with it, either in possession or without. Tom lees hinted at this. Sam Hutchinson in advanced midfield too!

We are now suffering with injuries and are seemingly going through a trial and error process of finding out who/what works. It’s easier to keep it tight and see when you have FF and Joao to play but when you don’t...

At least preston does add a bit of genuine pace and Penney looked decent for a spell at Sunderland. 

Edited by Bluesteel

He’s clearly not scared of making a decision,  Carlos would never have dropped Hutchinson and nor would he have given any of these young lads a run out