Loans

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Nahki Wells wouldn't be an upgrade on anything we have. He'd get nowhere near the team once Hooper and Winnall are fit. 

so he would have got at least 6 months playing time then.

13 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

A Chelsea fan on twitter says Piazon, Abraham, Hector and a very pacy player called Charly Musonda are set to be loaned out.

It will be a bit gutting when these players go to other championship sides and we sign nobody. But it is what it is, hopefully Hooper, Lee and Abdi (haha) will return soon to be like new signings, and these 3 can lift us in quality on their day. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

It will be a bit gutting when these players go to other championship sides and we sign nobody. But it is what it is, hopefully Hooper, Lee and Abdi (haha) will return soon to be like new signings, and these 3 can lift us in quality on their day. 

Why is it what it is though?

We've been granted permission to sign players , Ipswich, QPR, Blackburn,Hull all strengthening with loans .....about time we did now.

Jos has indicated that he is happy with what we’ve got Either he’s just putting on a brave face, and is just trying to give a confidence boost to the players we have, or he is deluded. If he is happy with what we have, then he bloody well needs to get more out of them. 

2 hours ago, Watto said:

Why is it what it is though?

We've been granted permission to sign players , Ipswich, QPR, Blackburn,Hull all strengthening with loans .....about time we did now.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a cap on the amount of wages we can pay though.

If so that could possibly limit us to players that are not much if any improvement on what we already have.

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a cap on the amount of wages we can pay though.

If so that could possibly limit us to players that are not much if any improvement on what we already have.

I'm not having that! 

QPR are allowed to sign loan players till January and Birmingham have signed a few, not sure on their wages mind 

4 minutes ago, Watto said:

I'm not having that! 

QPR are allowed to sign loan players till January and Birmingham have signed a few, not sure on their wages mind 

Exactly, and even if that is the case, there’s plenty of bodies that can go out, either now, or in January

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Jos has indicated that he is happy with what we’ve got Either he’s just putting on a brave face, and is just trying to give a confidence boost to the players we have, or he is deluded. If he is happy with what we have, then he bloody well needs to get more out of them. 

I doubt very much that he will be happy about the situation but accepts it for what it is.  Come January he might well be able to apply more pressure on DC to sign players.  DC will be able to counter that with, 'We are ten points clear, why do we need more players'?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

If we can get any takers :ph34r:

There would be takers, but we need to get realistic on how much of the wages we are prepared to subsidise. As I mentioned in the other thread, it would better to get even 30% of Westwood’s wages, rather than have him frozen out on full money

• Like 1