#SWFC Steering Group Meeting called for THIS FRIDAY

5 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

On a side note does Chansiri turn up to all of these? Is he living here permanently or traveling between? I do think after the comments in the last meeting about his family being worried about him i think he should maybe not go as often. He hired a new CEO so if i was him i would let her answer the questions. Great that he fronts up but not every owner is doing this and i think he is just making it worse by fronting up too much. He has hired people now to look at ways to improve the club, i would suggest to him to let them do this and just oversee from further back a bit more, or at least for a while. Stan Kroenke has gazidis, Glaziers had David Gill. Let Meire be the face a little more i would say. She'll still need to answer to Chansiri behind closed doors but maybe he could delegate a bit more.

In my opinion ....Putting the CEO infront of our lot would just result in her been bombarded about stuff that happened at Charlton,  pointless 

Just now, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Steering group and meet the chairman to yell at him about shirt sizes are two different things?

A Steering Group is a committee that decides priorities or order of business of an organisation.

Fans Forum is what you described.

So yes, sorry but two different things. :rolleyes:

STEERING GROUP

An opportunity for the club to meet with a small section of the fanbase to share ideas, constructive criticism and to come away with points to think about or action.
It's a chance for the club to listen to fans opinions on a number of operational issues. Everything from Megastore (which is improving massively), to Catering, Commercial and of course things like pricing.

It needs to be a concise meeting of the two where both parties go armed to the teeth with brilliant new constructive ideas to improve life at SWFC, put them on the table and discuss them.

What it should never be is a moaning session, or a fan blaming exercise or a telling off in either direction.

If anyone is going to this Steering Group don't go armed with a shedload of questions and demands. Instead take along ideas, suggestions, new ways of working, some possible new introductions that fans would appreciate and needs.

If you're from the club and going to this steering group let the fans offer their ideas to you and take them away to consider. Don't sit preaching at them or lecturing them. 

Let's have a positive, constructive two way dialogue on how to make things better at SWFC

I don't think any questions should be asked about the manager, the team or the coaching/strategy/tactics at all. I don't personally believe that's what these steering groups should ever be about as the club can gauge fan opinions on social media and by looking at ticket sales.

Let me also say once again that if you're a fan that just goes along and listens without contributing GIVE UP YOUR PLACE to someone who can take a shedload of bullet pointed suggestions and ideas for the club to look at.

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

"I demand transparency..."

"I demand communication from the club"

"Why are they holding a steering group meeting so close to the last one?"

"These things are pointless" 

"no doubt it will be full of waffle"

Jeezus furecking kryst... the club simply cannot win!

Some of those doing the most gobbing off  behind their keyboards and sniping at those who do atend won't go themselves because they'd hate anyone seeing them shaking his hand, laughing and joking with and licking the rim of DC if they actually did  meet him face to face.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

A Steering Group is a committee that decides priorities or order of business of an organisation.

Fans Forum is what you described.

So yes, sorry but two different things. :rolleyes:

Ok thanks :)

1 hour ago, Watson said:

More transparency up goes the shout

Okey dokey come's the reply 

Excuses and waffle is fired back

OK might as well cancel the meeting

He gets shot at whatever he says.  

He usually says ‘it’s the fans fault’ and ‘expensive crock, yes please.’

In all seriousness can someone (If anyone is going) take on a series of suggestions / questions. 

I for for one would like to know if we could have:

- an expat membership scheme, £30 a season with little ‘discounts’ but potential priority vs non members. 

- an explanation of what if scenario if we aren’t promoted or challenging 

- our own version of iFollow, I think this season we’ve seen massive advances in terms of midweek games streamed etc and would prefer the club to benefit rather than league

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

STEERING GROUP

An opportunity for the club to meet with a small section of the fanbase to share ideas, constructive criticism and to come away with points to think about or action.
It's a chance for the club to listen to fans opinions on a number of operational issues. Everything from Megastore (which is improving massively), to Catering, Commercial and of course things like pricing.

It needs to be a concise meeting of the two where both parties go armed to the teeth with brilliant new constructive ideas to improve life at SWFC, put them on the table and discuss them.

What it should never be is a moaning session, or a fan blaming exercise or a telling off in either direction.

If anyone is going to this Steering Group don't go armed with a shedload of questions and demands. Instead take along ideas, suggestions, new ways of working, some possible new introductions that fans would appreciate and needs.

If you're from the club and going to this steering group let the fans offer their ideas to you and take them away to consider. Don't sit preaching at them or lecturing them. 

Let's have a positive, constructive two way dialogue on how to make things better at SWFC

I don't think any questions should be asked about the manager, the team or the coaching/strategy/tactics at all. I don't personally believe that's what these steering groups should ever be about as the club can gauge fan opinions on social media and by looking at ticket sales.

Let me also say once again that if you're a fan that just goes along and listens without contributing GIVE UP YOUR PLACE to someone who can take a shedload of bullet pointed suggestions and ideas for the club to look at.

Neil just go.  Hit it on the nail... get posters to give you ideas to take along.

Who goes to the Steering Group Meetings ?

This was on SWFC home page in January 2016 do the same people still go ?

The second meeting of the Owls’ Supporters Steering Group will take place on Thursday 28 January – and the club are seeking Members and non-Season Ticket holders to supplement the popular organisation.

The first gathering last November focused primarily on Season Ticket holders, with the next expanding to include supporters who can voice their opinions from a more casual standpoint in terms of attending games and following the club. 

We value greatly the opinions of all Wednesdayites and require more people on the group who are not necessarily regular S6 visitors. 

So if you fit the bill and would be interested in joining the Supporters Steering Group, please CLICK HERE with an outline of your background and why you think you can help make a difference. 

Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri will be taking questions on all things Sheffield Wednesday at this event, new applications for which are certain to be over-subscribed so supporters are advised to move fast to avoid disappointment. 

The evening at Hillsborough will be chaired by the club’s Director of Communications Trevor Braithwait, with Ticket Office Manager Alastair Wilson also in attendance.

Just now, Watson said:

Neil just go.  Hit it on the nail... get posters to give you ideas to take along.

Not sure why people are pushing me towards the steering room entrance like this

I'm just a fan not a representative of anyone else other than my own thoughts and opinions

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure why people are pushing me towards the steering room entrance like this

I'm just a fan not a representative of anyone else other than my own thoughts and opinions

You should attend as head of the Supporters Stirring Group....

• Haha 1