Cameron Carter-Vickers

Sheffield Wednesday have joined Championship rivals Ipswich Town and Swansea City in pursuit of Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, according to reports.

The Mirror reports that these three Championship teams want Carter-Vickers on loan before the window passes at the end of this month.

1 minute ago, Coldplayer said:

Wasnt he the player that the blunts sent back to Spurs as he couldn't get in their squad (after been dropped for a couple of howlers?)

Last season, the 20-year-old split his season on loan at Sheffield United and then at Ipswich Town.

Highly rated young defender on a decent contract at Spurs.

He’s born and bred English but has an American father, so played the odd game for the US national team.

Really strong beefy player, built more like a rugby player, won’t be knocked off the ball.

Generally looks surprisingly impressive (easy PL standard) BUT......

makes the occasional howlers (probably concentration issues?) and this can then affect his confidence hence why some clubs have doubts.

Overall though a decent OK defender for Championship level.

Edited by sheffsteel

17 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have joined Championship rivals Ipswich Town and Swansea City in pursuit of Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, according to reports.

The Mirror reports that these three Championship teams want Carter-Vickers on loan before the window passes at the end of this month.

Be warned, here's the scouting report from one of my associates who is a season ticket holder at the Lane:

Started off alright and then got progressively worse with every game. His confidence killer was the Fulham home game. He was gash in that and never recovered. I think you should sign him..

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, richowl said:

My pig mate says ‘I’ve seen you’ve been linked with calamity vickers’

Sounds promising :tango:

Carter-Vickers makes 1 bad error (which can result in giving away a goal) virtually EVERY match

but he also makes 2 or 3 fantastic tackles/ interceptions EVERY match preventing goals being conceded.

If he cuts out the errors then he’ll probably have a career in the PL.

i’d say he’s a defender equivalent of Joe Hart,  generally impressive/ commanding with odd moments of being terrible in the same match.

Its his huge potential that keeps `championship clubs interested,

He’s based in London, so would probably prefer to play down at Ipswich again before coming up north.

Edited by sheffsteel

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Why are there so many footballers with double-barrelled names these days?

I think it is the increasing trend of people joining their names when they marry rather than one partner taking the other's.

His father is Carter, his mother, Vickers.

This is all well and good until you get to the next generation and end up with four surnames. lol