It’s too early to sack the manager. Our prombles run deeper than him

Guest Hillsborough Mole

There will be plenty of people who want to manage Sheffield Wednesday

The Chairman is the biggest potential drawback. Not the players we have

This side needs more urgency,energy and aggression. I don't think any of those words can be used to describe Jos and his style of play from what i have seen.

If we leave it too late flogging a dead horse we are going to have a mountain to climb to stay in this league,I don't think the Chairman will act though as he puts personal pride before the good of the club.

8 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Played a bad hand? No, i don't think so.

Look at the players he's had at his disposal since he arrived. 

Westwood - one of the best keepers in the division

Tom Lees - easily one of the top 10 CB's in the division when he's given a role and played with a consistent partner

JVA - £2.5M+ signing that does show some signs of being a decent player at this level

Barry Bannan - top 5 midfielder in the division

Hutch - top quality CB/DM

Adam Reach - one of the most versatile players in the division that's actually reliable in all positions played

FF - one of the best players in the division

Joao - potential premier league player

Fletcher - experienced premier league player

Nuihu - hit form back end of last season

Jordan Rhodes - record speaks for itself - but fair enough we couldn't get him firing but Norwich seem to be able to

David Jones - reliable, consistent performer when played in his correct position

George Boyd - can play either wing and has premier league experience

Pudil - granted not great at LB, but still very solid at CB

On top of that, we've got Hooper, Lee, Matias and Winnall on their way back from injury. Plus all the promising youngsters too. The only real issues are players like Fox and Joey, the latter could be a very good player, he just doesn't know what his role is, like many of the players.

I'm sure there are plenty of managers in this division or currently out of a job who would be salivating at working with the likes of FF, Bannan et al.

garymegson

1 minute ago, Prince said:

This side needs more urgency,energy and aggression. I don't think any of those words can be used to describe Jos and his style of play from what i have seen.

If we leave it too late flogging a dead horse we are going to have a mountain to climb to stay in this league,I don't think the Chairman will act though as he puts personal pride before the good of the club.

garymegson

A managers job is all about getting the most out of the players he has by picking the right team, playing people in the right positions, playing tactics that suit the players , motivating them and giving the team the best chance of getting a result.

Irrespective of other things within the club this is his job.

Is he doing a good enough job at the moment.?

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe three years ago

Other clubs have moved on since

The question is has he been played a bad hand though. When he took the job he like many others would have looked at the names of the players on that list and been more than happy. 

Good hand played badly. 

If he had brought a load of players in and we were still lacking in energy, tempo, organisation and finding our best formation, we’d be getting the old ‘he needs time to get them to gel’ 

:luhukay:

I do feel Jos has made things more difficult for himself than they need to be All the tinkering, playing a young and inexperienced back line, and refusing to take the game to the opposition, it’s crazy 

We all know we could do with a few new players, not least in the full back areas 

However, we could easily have fielded this line up, and I’m sure we’d have started the season better than we have

Whats wrong with this line up 4-2-3-1

Westwood (Dawson, Wildsmith)

Palmer

Lees

Van Aken

Pudil

Hutchinson

Bannan

Matias

Reach

Forestieri

Nuhiu (Joao, Fletcher)

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I do feel Jos has made things more difficult for himself than they need to be All the tinkering, playing a young and inexperienced back line, and refusing to take the game to the opposition, it’s crazy 

We all know we could do with a few new players, not least in the full back areas 

However, we could easily have fielded this line up, and I’m sure we’d have started the season better than we have

Whats wrong with this line up 4-2-3-1

Westwood (Dawson, Wildsmith)

Palmer

Lees

Van Aken

Pudil

Hutchinson

Bannan

Matias

Reach

Forestieri

Nuhiu (Joao, Fletcher)

I'm sold.......the jobs yours my friend.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

JL "I know the reasons we're not winning but will keep it to myself. It won't help anything if I say it here"

Just a quick praise on the twitter updates from the press conference 

MUCH better than Howson or Giddings.

Better insight to what has been said

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

If Jos was a poker player, his current situation was be the equivalent of having a small stack of chips after being dealt a bad hand. 

He took over a team beset with injuries and was only able to bring in one player yet still managed to steer us out of trouble. I think we got 22 points out of the last 10 games last season - that’s top 6 form and promotion form in some seasons. 

Hes not playing Westwood but is that his choice? We have a record of not allowing players to play for the first team - is this another case of the same? 

Would Jos have let Hunt go if he had the choice? I doubt it. Would Jos have brought in more players if the club wasn’t under embargo? Of course he would. A certain Portuguese player for a start. 

The football all is not great at the moment but is that more to do with the players available? My guess is it is. 

Jos has a decent record (albeit in Germany). 

I think we ought to to cut him some slack.  

This good record everyone speaks of...he’s got a worse win % than Steve Maclaren and walked out on 2 jobs.