It’s too early to sack the manager. Our prombles run deeper than him

If Jos was a poker player, his current situation was be the equivalent of having a small stack of chips after being dealt a bad hand. 

He took over a team beset with injuries and was only able to bring in one player yet still managed to steer us out of trouble. I think we got 22 points out of the last 10 games last season - that’s top 6 form and promotion form in some seasons. 

Hes not playing Westwood but is that his choice? We have a record of not allowing players to play for the first team - is this another case of the same? 

Would Jos have let Hunt go if he had the choice? I doubt it. Would Jos have brought in more players if the club wasn’t under embargo? Of course he would. A certain Portuguese player for a start. 

The football all is not great at the moment but is that more to do with the players available? My guess is it is. 

Jos has a decent record (albeit in Germany). 

I think we ought to to cut him some slack.  

• Like 2

It was too early to sack Carlos after 1 game last season, look how that turned out!

Bump this after 10 games and see if he still wants sack!

Answer me this, how is he trying to get the players to play? What evidence have you seen in the first three games?

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

It was too early to sack Carlos after 1 game last season, look how that turned out!

Bump this after 10 games and see if he still wants sack!

Answer me this, how is he trying to get the players to play? What evidence have you seen in the first three games?

I'm with Shandy on this.

Stop being so reactionary and remember last seaons  amazing run in.

It is a moot point anyway. I am assuming that a significant part of the negotiations to get the embargo lifted was a plan showing responsible cost cutting and get the finances in order. To then sack the manager thus creating substantial contract settlement and appoint another would not be responsible from a finance management point of view.

• Thanks 1

Yes he’s been dealt a relatively bad hand but he isn’t helping himself.

He’s been here long enough to figure out a style, a formation, a tempo, a mentality. He’s been here long enough to get us fit and organised.

The pre season worried me, the first 3 league games haven’t eased my fears.

We still have arguably the best keeper in the league, a good standard centre back, a very good centre midfielder and possibly one of the best forwards in the league - there is a decent spine to work round.

I wasn’t convinced last year and I’m less so this 

4 minutes ago, torres said:

He’s been here long enough to figure out a style, a formation, a tempo, a mentality. He’s been here long enough to get us fit and organised.

We still have arguably the best keeper in the league, a good standard centre back, a very good centre midfielder and possibly one of the best forwards in the league - there is a decent spine to work round.

This^^^^ Look we aren’t in a position to sack him, but it’s certainly worrying, not least because there is no sign of him getting things right

He wasn’t the man for the job then, and he isn’t now. I just can’t see what he brings to the table. I’ve seen nothing in terms of tactics, motivation or organization to suggest he’s up for the job. One of the most bizarre managerial appointments in all my time. 

Personally, I’d like us to gamble and go down a totally different route. Employ a young manager and get them to grow with us. Still think Lampard will make a top manager, and totally left field someone like Craig Bellamy could well be another one who comes through. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

He wasn’t the man for the job then, and he isn’t now. I just can’t see what he brings to the table. I’ve seen nothing in terms of tactics, motivation or organization to suggest he’s up for the job. One of the most bizarre managerial appointments in all my time. 

Personally, I’d like us to gamble and go down a totally different route. Employ a young manager and get them to grow with us. Still think Lampard will make a top manager, and totally left field someone like Craig Bellamy could well be another one who comes through. 

Think that will only happen if we go down, and the club is in different hands. There will be a lot of blood letting before we are able to rebuild along those lines

22 minutes ago, torres said:

I pretty much agree with this.

Look, I think rarely does getting rid of a manager solves all the problems, particularly when they run as deep as ours.

However, I'd really like to see some sort of clear method developing from Jos during his time here. He seems unsure of his best lineup or formation, he seems incapable of setting the team up to play on the front foot.

While last season he deserved plenty of slack, I think this year we really need to see some progression, at least in terms of method, if not immediately in terms of results.

I've found myself increasingly less convinced by him during his short tenure and right now, I think we are going backwards.

Jos isn't up to the job but as always it's Chansiri that worries me the most

Been saying it for ages and it's why I don't bother coming on here very often these days

Chansiri has poisoned the club and things are going to get worse before they get better unfortunately 

He must have known he had no budget to work with before the end of last year, so he should have almost taken that as a positive.

He isn't distracted by looking for players, sorting deals etc, filling gaps in the team - he knows what he has to work with  - so work with it. 

Try and build that ''them against us'' mentality. Give the players some real fight, portray this in your interviews - we'd have lapped that nonsense up!!

But i don't see any of this - he seems as dour off the pitch as he does stood in the dug out. 

We are in for a battle this season but i don't see a General at the front leading us into it 

it's a disappointing start and so far he's played a different system to what he used in the back end of last season which was so successful which is puzzling …….the team is on downward spiral that much is plain to everyone and need everything to go right for them to get results and when you get a centre back who heads the ball out to the  middle of the goal , a player who for reasons only known to himself that gives away a needless penalty while your comfortable in the game or a striker who misses 3 guilt edge chances then it's hard to be to critical of the manager …...obviously it cant go on forever but I think his record last season should cut him a bit more time to turn it around . 

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think Mr C has already done enough gambling with Wednesday's fortunes, thanks very much. I'm in the give Jos a longer bash at it gang on this. He has had his hands tied in regards to bringing in his own players and this season he is trying to bed in and nurture quite a few youngsters. Yes I would prefer to see him settle on one system, but I would also like to see our more experienced players commit and give more. Not everything is down to the head coach.

I think JL has been dealt a bad hand but just don't think he is right man right.

Want an manager who is experienced of the Championship to get us organised and have a dull mid table season and plan for next season.

I 100% agree that Wednesday problems go deeper then the head Coach but would be a big step in the right direction to appoint a decent one.

Get organised, grind out a few results and steer clear of relegation would take the edge of the situation for me.

I'm concerned at the lack of pattern and consistancy. He should know his best 11, and stick to it, and the system, and stick to it. We are in a Division that requires the basics to be done right, that's all. We have players, and are playing against players, who are in the second level of English football for a reason. Get them playing to their strengths and keep it simple. I'm not bothered whether we play 4 4 2, 4 3 3, 5 3 2, 3 5 2, OR EVEN GOALYWAG, just something that the players understand and be effective with.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

The thing that might swing it - is that it would give Mr C some breathing space and reduce pressure on him from the fans