What’s this Mick McCarty attraction?

Football Heaven tonight had several comments from Owls fans saying let’s get McCarthy in.

Dont understand it myself when his career win rate is no better then some managers we have sacked in recent times. Could he do us a job and lead us on to greater success....maybe fans of Ipswich,Wolves or Sunderland might have an answer to that conundrum.

• Like 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Used to working with a tight budget 

Knows this division inside out

Knows how to a team promoted from this division. 

Says it how it is 

Id say Big Mick is exactly what we need right now. 

Problem is him and Colin could start a support group called we hate SWFC.

• Haha 1

Last thing DC would want is a straight talking Yorkshireman telling him the facts of life. That's not a dig at DC by the way I just think it would be a culture shock. DC is from a culture where causing a scene is to lose face, Mick is from a culture where telling it like it is come what may is a duty.

Give DC another 10years in charge and he might be ready for Mick McCarthy. lol

Edited by prowl

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

Last thing DC would want is a straight talking Yorkshireman telling him the facts of life. That's not a dig at DC by the way I just think it would be a culture shock. DC is from a culture where causing a scene is to lose face, Mick is from a culture where telling it like it is come what may is a duty.

Give DC another 10years in charge and he might be ready for Mick McCarthy. lol

I was thinking more along the lines of 20 years!

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think MM is attractive because he is no nonsense Yorkshiremen. 

His teams would win few awards for style but are always organised something we are plainly not at the moment.

....and incredibly dull too!

10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Luhukay had to deal with an unprecedented injury list, fielding loads from the Academy out of desperation and a squad that was getting used to losing. Yet he still got more points than McCarthy did after he took over in January. 

In a hypothetical world; would you prefer McCarthy or Jos, right now?

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Got wolves and Sunderland to the premier league...

9 years ago and more.

In his five and a half years at Ipswich, his statistics average out at 64.8 points per 46 games, which would have seen a 12th place finish last season.

That compares with Luhukay who so far is on course for an overall average of 62.4 points, despite the majority of that time being with a horrendous injury list and a net spend so far of something like £ -1.3m.

• Like 1

Guest charmer
20 minutes ago, darra said:

Problem is him and Colin could start a support group called we hate SWFC.

I can see where you are coming from darra but I think we could include some of the most recent managers with the same ideology. Not exactly Wednesday through and through were they?.