Team for Millwall

Think it’s time to get back to a back four until we sign some proper wing backs. 

Id bring Palmer back and play Pudil left back. Tell them not to bomb forward at every opportunity. Keep a solid back four in place.

Keep Jones in front of them and allow Bannan, Reach, FF and Matias to use there energy and mix it up a bit. 

71ADCA62-E226-4B67-BE1F-C30762451D08.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Think it’s time to get back to a back four until we sign some proper wing backs. 

Id bring Palmer back and play Pudil left back. Tell them not to bomb forward at every opportunity. Keep a solid back four in place.

Keep Jones in front of them and allow Bannan, Reach, FF and Matias to use there energy and mix it up a bit. 

Time to go back to a back four? We played a back four Sunday pal, made zero difference what so ever. 

Be nice if we had a new signing or 3 in place. Very doubtful though. Wish we could make wholesale changes from the team that played on Sunday. Would drop Pessy and Nuhiu for starters. Would love Reach to be back. Really missed him. No chance but I wish Jos would see sense and put Westwood back in the net, even just for his leadership qualities. Only chance of that happening imo is if we get rid of Jos. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest Grez Bez
12 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I'd play this but João in place of Matias if fit...

Why is everyone putting Fletcher ahead of Nuhiu.

Nuhiu is in form, although he was poor Saturday. When did Fletcher last have a good game and he missed sitters against Hull.

Got to play Westwood to give defence confidence for me too

1 minute ago, Bexy1977 said:

Nuhiu is in form, although he was poor Saturday. When did Fletcher last have a good game and he missed sitters against Hull.

Thought he had a good game against Hull. Yes he missed three good chances but on another day they go in.  

Im a fan of Nuhui but not seen him have a good game either this season yet. 

Won't see it. But I'd do this.

Very keen to get another look at the left back.

If it's all a bit much then I'd send Reach back there and give the Kirby lad a run in alongside Baz in front of Hutch.

And yes...I know, I know. "How's Boyd got in there. He was terrible other night" etc etc

I'm just keen to see what he can do in a role he knows, and we know, that he's a very good and proven player in.

if.png

4 minutes ago, Bexy1977 said:

Only reason I didn't put him in mine is that , despite his size, I don't like his as the lone striker.

His quality , IMO, work to the optimum in a pairing.

At the risk of being overtly negative, I can't see what people see in Thorniley... I haven't seen much of the lad so I can only assume that Brentford was an anomaly because he really really struggled and it did look like men against boys at times. On that (perhaps highly unfair) basis:

Westwood

Hutch         Lees        JvA 

Baker                Pelupessy             Reach

Bannan

Forestieri

Matias                 Fletcher

Get players like Hutch and van Aken who are willing to play those forward passes on so that when our spine does ball retention passes we can capitalise instead of just doing more ball retention. Reach provides a deep forward thrust (oo-er) and Baker doesn't seem to mind getting forward when he can. One defensive midfielder in Pelupessy, let Bannan boss that midfield creative role with runners from deep and a Forestieri that will drop back to receive the ball and find pockets of space. Matias provides a bit of movement and pace for everyone to aim for too. 

I still reckon three at the back is best for the players we've currently got at our disposal, but ffs let's throw some positivity and attacking intent into it.