It's hard work on here right now

Back in June, i pointed out how i felt things at the club were crap, such as the chairmans performance, transfer policy, squad balance etc. I was negged and subsequently abused in the worst possible way by many prolific members on here (i was labelled a blade *shudders*). However, i still feel i contributed positivity too, not all doom and gloom. 

It's fair to say, my opinion of the club and what's going on has been negative for some time now, BUT, despite this, it's pretty difficult reading all the stuff on here right now. Yeah things aren't great, it's likely we're really going to struggle this season and then possibly lose some top players too, but come on, there's no need for starting new threads just to post negativity. 

The thing is, this is just how it is, we're stuck with this for the foreseeable future now. I'm not saying don't moan, but starting thread after thread pouring out negativity when it could just be posted as a comment in one of the many other threads is just drowning out any of the constructive threads. 

We do need to have our views considered more, but in a constructive manner, in a way that the chairman listens to us. 

Can we all just chill out a bit, maybe have a day off posting on the forum if all we feel is negativity. Whichever way you look at it Owlstalk is one of the largest collective's of fans that can put suggestions to the club in the quickest way. Polls about ST prices, kit prices, Haribo prices etc, commercial/marketing ideas can all be harvested very quickly on here and presented to the club. That's all way more powerful to a business than loads of negative threads on here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Its pretty sure that we are going to have a difficult season, personally ile be glad to avoid relegation, put the past behind us and use this season to start the re building process hoping that the chairman has learnt a lot from his mistakes, lets enjoy the ride.

Guest charmer
1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

Back in June, i pointed out how i felt things at the club were crap, such as the chairmans performance, transfer policy, squad balance etc. I was negged and subsequently abused in the worst possible way by many prolific members on here (i was labelled a blade *shudders*). However, i still feel i contributed positivity too, not all doom and gloom. 

It's fair to say, my opinion of the club and what's going on has been negative for some time now, BUT, despite this, it's pretty difficult reading all the stuff on here right now. Yeah things aren't great, it's likely we're really going to struggle this season and then possibly lose some top players too, but come on, there's no need for starting new threads just to post negativity. 

The thing is, this is just how it is, we're stuck with this for the foreseeable future now. I'm not saying don't moan, but starting thread after thread pouring out negativity when it could just be posted as a comment in one of the many other threads is just drowning out any of the constructive threads. 

We do need to have our views considered more, but in a constructive manner, in a way that the chairman listens to us. 

Can we all just chill out a bit, maybe have a day off posting on the forum if all we feel is negativity. Whichever way you look at it Owlstalk is one of the largest collective's of fans that can put suggestions to the club in the quickest way. Polls about ST prices, kit prices, Haribo prices etc, commercial/marketing ideas can all be harvested very quickly on here and presented to the club. That's all way more powerful to a business than loads of negative threads on here. 

You speak a lot of sense hawksmore and I think many will agree with what you have said. I do think that the club is in a very sad state at moment. I think that there is a lot of expectation from the fans and quite rightly so. First and foremost Wednesday need to stay in the Championship. I also expect them to finish above Sheffield United. What I really want is to see Sheffield Wednesday back in the Premier League. We pay a lot of money for the privilege of watching Wednesday and I think it’s only right that Sheffield Wednesday conduct themselves in a professional manner and deliver results that are worth of the time money and effort that many thousands of supporters put into the club. 

10 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Completely agree with most of your post but if you think DC is going to listen to OT about ST and kit prices then its cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid !

I'm sorry but this is a forum for discussing football, if you can't discuss things on here then where can you? In my experience the casual and open nature of Facebook and Twitter means you can rarely discuss anything in detail and when you do it really does turn into a slanging match of vitriol. So why not? 

There's some right crap going on at the moment so why not vent it out on here. I'm absolutely not subscribing to the chairman's constant deflections regarding the 'abuse' he receives and 'fear' he has. Or that the team are scared because of the fans. There's no connection between losing a game of football and it being the fans that have caused the hostile atmosphere. In my experience the only hostility from our fans arises because we go too quiet and let things just run out of control. 

Something to remember, we are no different as a fan base to how most other clubs our size would react in this situation. 

What ever will be will be, I’ve not supported our club any more for being in better leagues or having better players, I shan’t support any less if we are in lower leagues or lose any star players. 

Actually for what it’s worth, part of me thinks a stint in league one, with time to rebuild and bed in our prospects may do us some good! Obviously that’s a consolation prize so to say! Either way, I’m positive with the support of our fans we’ll carry on! 

13 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Its a bit of a love hate thing being on line.

I usually have a breather from here in the summer months.

Stay out of the madness for a while.

Mind when I learned that Jordan Rhodes was signed off the back of a 100 odd page thread....I wish I'd stayed around and started my own thread called

"Lets get Bielsa, a new left back, a right back, a centre half, massive powerful midfielder, winger with pace and all for a reasonable £20 POTG pricing structure."

Alas.

I don't think it will happen again.

20 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

You must be a pig, no real Owl would mention the B word..... Pig

lol

• Haha 3

The negativity on here just reflects the way most Wednesday fans feel right now. To be fair, that isn’t always the case, but anyone who was at Brentford yesterday, will know exactly what I mean

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Its a bit of a love hate thing being on line.

I usually have a breather from here in the summer months.

Stay out of the madness for a while.

Mind when I learned that Jordan Rhodes was signed off the back of a 100 odd page thread....I wish I'd stayed around and started my own thread called

"Lets get Bielsa, a new left back, a right back, a centre half, massive powerful midfielder, winger with pace and all for a reasonable £20 POTG pricing structure."

Alas.

I don't think it will happen again.

Is that a new avatar mi' lord?

7 minutes ago, attyjake said:

Is that a new avatar mi' lord?

I light of the recent levels of toxicity   (By god we love that word in here.  :laugh: It's right up there with 'Turgid' - one of last seasons top appearance makers.)

Yes, well anyway I decided to have a less severe looking portrait done in line with Mr Hargeaves' positivity drive.

26 minutes ago, debram said:

Its pretty sure that we are going to have a difficult season, personally ile be glad to avoid relegation, put the past behind us and use this season to start the re building process hoping that the chairman has learnt a lot from his mistakes, lets enjoy the ride.

Isn’t this what we said last season. 

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The negativity on here just reflects the way most Wednesday fans feel right now. To be fair, that isn’t always the case, but anyone who was at Brentford yesterday, will know exactly what I mean

Exactly 

What does the OP expect - nothing has gone right or been done well for far to long 

Yesterday was just horrible 

30 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Well said. It's no surprise though, the negs were there towards the end of last season. We'd been written off as down seven to eight months ago. We all know it's not where anyone wants to be, but we're here and we can either hate every minute of it or roll our sleeves up and help drag the club over the line each and every game until next May. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I light of the recent levels of toxicity   (By god we love that word in here.  :laugh: It's right up there with 'Turgid' - one of last seasons top appearance makers.)

Yes, well anyway I decided to have a less severe looking portrait done in line with Mr Hargeaves' positivity drive.

Let's hope it works for you (and us)  mi' lord.   WAWAW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

There's no connection between losing a game of football and it being the fans that have caused the hostile atmosphere.

I have to disagree with this. Footballers are humans who suffer from anxiety and lack of confidence from time to time - see the England football team for 10 years prior to this world cup, or the Wednesday team of the late 90's/ early 2000's, both scared to death of screwing up. 

I find it strange that fans think their support at a match is vital, but their negativity has zero effect on the players

2 hours ago, Ridgeback owl said:

Completely agree with most of your post but if you think DC is going to listen to OT about ST and kit prices then its cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid !

I wouldn't be too sure about that. One of the biggest things about any business is understanding your customers and seeing what they think about you, both good and bad 

I think the negativity is that we  sense an impending doom but are powerless to stop it . The majority know Jos is out his depth regardless of whether he's to blame or not. We know chansiri will not sack Jos till it's too late to save the season and also too stubborn to sort the finances while we still have decent players to re build around. Or it maybe just me that feels this way. 

Edited by Avon barksdale