What Is And What Should Never Be..........

So now we’re out of embargo but we don’t really know what that means exactly as there has been no explanation by anyone. The whole playing staff apart from a few youngsters look thoroughly demoralised and uninterested (Bannan and FF do at least appear to be trying), I saw pictures posted of fans with players pre-match and there were no smiles from the players (there were even less post-match from the fans), there seems to be a real disconnect between the manager and the fans, his interviews are throwing up more questions than answers etc yet a few short weeks ago all the noises coming from the club/players were positive, they knew about the embargo at that time so what has changed to allow the current malaise?

It is confusing to me too. The picture that has been painted was that we were in a really bad situation and that this has meant that the league put us under embargo in April.

That's fairly believable but I can't see that we have done enough to be freed from embargo. I would think there are strings attached or were we in a better situation than we all thought. 

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

It is confusing to me too. The picture that has been painted was that we were in a really bad situation and that this has meant that the league put us under embargo in April.

That's fairly believable but I can't see that we have done enough to be freed from embargo. I would think there are strings attached or were we in a better situation than we all thought. 

The club probably predicted their losses last season to be similar to that of the season before - breaching the FFP. 

Reading between the line the losses posted year on year are not the actual losses for FFP as costs for youth development, infrastructure improvements and other allowable costs can be taken out of the loss. But I would suggest the football league were also looking at Sponsorship from the likes of D Taxi's, a taxi firm that currently does not have any taxi's or staff but has income to pay for sponsorship. 

The accounts will now be finalised for last season and possible we have not done as bad as we thought, add to that the players that left in the summer, the fee from Hunt, the loan fee and wages salving from Rhodes we could be feasibly £8m better off this season than last already, getting rid of one or too of the high earners in Abdi, Hooper, Fletcher could still further our position.

I just wish the club would be more up front with the fans, we are told to blindly back the club, but the club cannot be bothered to let us know what is going on.

14 hours ago, keefdave said:

Aw, I saw the title of the thread and thought LED ZEP

Agreed and given our current state of affairs "The Lemon Song" would seem far more appropriate!

1 minute ago, Mr Soul said:

Could DC have gone to all players and ask to renegotiate existing contracts? 

Its a genuine question and it would certainly p I 55 some of them off.. as it would anyone

There's something rotten in the camp, no idea what.