Sam Winnall...

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't think we can afford to keep him, the money he is on to miss 15-20 games a season when we have 4 or 5 other strikers than are available to play for 40 games+ a year.

Agreed, I can see him struggling for a club unless he gets back and puts some serious games in 

1 hour ago, kristmace said:

Westwood is allowed to play according to Jos. He was asked outright last week about this. 

Yeah right one of the best keepers in the league and he is our third choice.

Next you will tell me Abdi is a real player :duntmatter:

1 hour ago, jimbob 13 said:

I was gutted when he went to Derby, always gave 100% and had a nasty streak , sooner he’s playing the better

That's why i like him how many other players in our squad posses that? i can't think of any besides Winnall.

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

You get the feeling this bloke is gonna be central to our future plans ... is that a good thing ? Ain’t so sure he’s good enough 

Pretty sure until we signed him, he was the top goalscorer in English lower leagues for the last 3 year's.

Also he'd scored most headed goals in the championship of anyone over that time too.

If we play to his strength, he'll score.

Him and Fletcher up front together could be deadly.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

So currently we don't have available to play.

Fox, Reach, JVA, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Joao, Pudil

Westwood is not allowed to play

I though this new regime where going to get the squad fit again, 3 games in and we have more players injured than the other 23 teams in the league.

Winnal Hooper and Lee were injuries from last season. How were they supposed to get fit? 

Guest Grez Bez

I don't think he's as naturally gifted as others but seems to have some grit about him which we are lacking massively.

I'd still go with Fletcher in the middle of a 3 with João and Fessi either side but Win all could fill in for any of them.

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

So currently we don't have available to play.

Fox, Reach, JVA, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Joao, Pudil

Westwood is not allowed to play

I though this new regime where going to get the squad fit again, 3 games in and we have more players injured than the other 23 teams in the league.

I think we have come to expect this from you room0035.

Anything to put a negative slant on things.Short term injuries happen to every club. In fact if we didn't get them you would be saying the players weren't putting the effort/tackles in.

Winnal, Hooper and Lee have not been available for ages but hey don't let facts get in the way of your campaign to find fault with everything.

Oh and there is no need to respond. I could write it for you.

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

One of the better pieces of transfer business we have done and what we should be doing more of, exploiting lesser clubs to take their better players at low costs with low salaries to go with them.

If we end up having a clear out, I hope we keep him - I think him and Jaoa be a great front two for any mid level champ team as we continue to shift deadwood and balance finances.

9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Joao and winnall up top and Fernando cutting in from the left.

Yes and Yes.

I feel like these two would be a great combo together, with Fessi roaming behind and Bannan/Reach the driving force in the middle!