The I-Follow Service Thread

45 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

The commentary in the 1st half, sounded like it was underwater, and about 4 miles away. No commentary at all in second half.

This.

Also I lost picture just before and during the pen.

Overrall it’s brilliant. A massive boon to my ability to watch my team when I’m on holiday or for aways I don’t attend.

Email to them yesterday. So far this season..............

Three league games.

Game 1 - unable to access the audio commentary. They’d done something with my account that had disabled it (despite me having paying £4.49 monthly for the service). Told me they were working on resolving it. Game came and went.

Game 2 - still unable to access the audio commentary. Would send me details on how to re-enable my account. Only arrived after game 2 had concluded.

Game 3 - Purchased the matchday pack (video) on holiday in the US. Took 7 dollars off me and confirmed the purchase saying I would be able to access. I couldn’t access from my location as the error message Confirmed. Why not tell me this before taking the 7 dollars off me? Why not simply prevent me from purchasing noting my USA IP address? So then defaulted to audio commentary which then crashed out during the first half! 

2.5 games gone and had received just 20 mins of audio! Got audio back for the 2nd half. 

Demanded a refund for the video. 

A full three hours later and I get a reply. It just asks me what team I support to be able to progress my enquiry. I reply with the answer. Meantime some on here tell me there is a no refunds policy!

Heard nothing from them since raising my complaint yesterday.

They really are taking the pish!

Edited by theowlsman

Video quality was ok. Audio was terrible, it was way too quiet and kept cutting out. I only got the commentary for about 25-30 mins of the overall match.

The whole process of purchasing could be made much simpler. It feels like it's not been setup right. I've had issues last season where it constantly told me my password is wrong (I know it isn't as I use a password manager) and the only way to get it reset is to contact them, which they have to manually reply to. So often I had missed most of the match before I could actually log in.

I've used the same platform / provider (Neulion) for other live sports coverage and the whole experience from purchasing, resubscribing, to viewing is far superior. 

Overall, still not a great quality service but slowly improving from the days of Wednesday World. /me shudders.

The first two matches had issues with the video. It was much worse against Hull. See image below:

image.thumb.png.dcd855d1ded2043692518a0e5c251a4c.png

Throughout all matches there has been issues with the audio. It is either way too quiet compared to the crowd noise, or it cuts out altogether. In the Brentford match it frequently cut out during the first half (acompanied by loud noises/static), and the commentary was absent through the whole of the second half. 

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

The commentary in the 1st half, sounded like it was underwater, and about 4 miles away. No commentary at all in second half.

Yes.  That was my experience too.  Also, there was a loud half-time hissing sound like a badly tuned radio.

Spent £45 ish for full season audio etc us £10 for the video live yesterday. Had inaudible comms first half, none secondhalf. Picture quality was good on my desktop but I consider the camera work was amateurish at best. Following the ball or anticipation where the ball would be after it was kicked was very poor. 

All in all a very poor return for my money 

Got a reply from Rob that hopefully the commentary volume issue has been resolved:

Video was perfect against Brentford, other than the camera being too low it felt like watching non-league football, but then our performance felt non-league standard so guess it fit...

Edited by פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu

2 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Got a reply from Rob that hopefully the commentary volume issue has been resolved:

Video was perfect against Brentford, other than the camera being too low it felt like watching non-league football, but then our performance felt non-league standard so guess it fit...

I'm guessing to solve the commentary issue, they just need to turn the volume up?...……...

If possible, I would like to see replays during the match rather than searching for particular actions myself. I watched it on my phone and apart from the audio problem and picture frozen at the end of first half it was ok...

Watched it on the ifollow yesterday. Was probably the easiest 10 quid they'll make...

• Picture quality great, can't grumble at that
  • Commentary volume terrible - the balance between stadium noise and the commentators isn't correct
  • Camera  was a bit slow at times and seemed to love looking at fans - not sure how many times they wanted to zoom in on glum Wednesday fan faces, Brentford faces weren't a picture of excitement either
  • No half time analysis, highlights, entertainment - nowt. Just an image - i don't expect the bells and whistles that Sky give you, but come on at least put some highlights on from the game or the previous days fixtures. 
  • No replays - surely in this day and age they can have someone doing replays? 

Also, why was it 10 quid the UK users, but a fiver for overseas??

If Ifollow and online services are the future, then it has some catching up to do....