The I-Follow Service Thread

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 12.08.55.jpg

So I thought I'd get a thread to collect examples of problems that our fans have had and are having with the I-Follow service from the EFL

Remember this isn't anything that Sheffield Wednesday Football Club control in any way so what I"m going to do is collect all the issues (sensibly please people - let's make this process as smooth as possible) and then start a discussion with the EFL about getting it sorted once and for all.

So...

What I need from you guys is to post below what issues you've had and any screenshots of your TV/Laptop screens if they've frozen etc

Owlstalk Shop

I was impressed with the quality of the picture and the camera work imo is fine for let's face it a run of the mill second division game. 

As others have already said and for reasons outlined, the audio was rubbish. 

Basically produce sensible commentary, keeping the video stream to the same quality and I would be happy. 

Imo what ifollow and the club need to offer is streaming service access  for every match as part of a membership package that includes a discount and priority on match tickets for say £199

I would buy that

19 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

The commentary for yesterdays game was awful, the voices are drowned out by the crowd noise and the commentators regularly vanished (they possibly got the trian home to avoid anymore of the Owls football).

As above. Tweak that area and it is a good service.

4 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I was impressed with the quality of the picture and the camera work imo is fine for let's face it a run of the mill second division game. 

As others have already said and for reasons outlined, the audio was rubbish. 

Basically produce sensible commentary, keeping the video stream to the same quality and I would be happy. 

Imo what ifollow and the club need to offer is streaming service access  for every match as part of a membership package that includes a discount and priority on match tickets for say £199

I would buy that

How many season tickets would be sold, if you can pay £199 a season to watch every game live, compared to £500 - £700 to go to Hillsborough?

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 12.08.55.jpg

So I thought I'd get a thread to collect examples of problems that our fans have had and are having with the I-Follow service from the EFL

Remember this isn't anything that Sheffield Wednesday Football Club control in any way so what I"m going to do is collect all the issues (sensibly please people - let's make this process as smooth as possible) and then start a discussion with the EFL about getting it sorted once and for all.

So...

What I need from you guys is to post below what issues you've had and any screenshots of your TV/Laptop screens if they've frozen etc

Used it for the first time for commentary only and in the first half the service war really bad. It cut out about 6 times in all and some of the downtime must have been over 10 minutes cut off at a time. Very poor. Much better in the second half. Shame we cannot say the same about the game !!

I was listening to the Audio commentary and the stream kept being interrupted by what sounded like a claxon then eventually the pre-recorded "technical difficulties" message.  This happened several times in the first half and I continued to listen to the commentary on 5Live instead.

Another question I'd like to ask is: If it costs £10 for a non-iFollow subscriber to watch a video stream then why isn't there a discount for iFollow subscribers (eg: £5 which is on par with overseas customers)?

Video quality was fine throughout for me (would be nice in future if they could look at including replays if possible though?).

Commentary in the first half was drowned out by the crowd (should be an easy fix in future), but in the second half, couldn't hear anything.

First time I've used it and wasn't impressed. Picture was decent but froze numerous times. Commentary was šhïťê.... Had it in first half for about 30 minutes but even then sounded like they were gargling and was drowned out by crowd noise. For a tenner for 90 minutes of togga on the box I expected more. 

4 minutes ago, Nobsworth said:

I was listening to the Audio commentary and the stream kept being interrupted by what sounded like a claxon then eventually the pre-recorded "technical difficulties" message.  This happened several times in the first half and I continued to listen to the commentary on 5Live instead.

Another question I'd like to ask is: If it costs £10 for a non-iFollow subscriber to watch a video stream then why isn't there a discount for iFollow subscribers (eg: £5 which is on par with overseas customers)?

They were probably trying to make it more interesting :tango:

The camera is the same one that provides the pictures for Goals Express and the highlights show. They just link it for Ifollow.

Hence why it is basic looking 

6 minutes ago, Nobsworth said:

I thought it was more like a Clown Horn, to compliment what was happening on the pitch.

The video feed provided was adequate, poor quality stream, but watchable.  However, the audio service was a disgrace.  The volume level of the commentary was too low, it was impossible to hear what was being said as the crowd noise drowned it out.  The commentary went off at least 6 times in the first half of the game and was followed by a deafening beep.  The commentary then was not available for the whole of the second half of the game.

Good idea Neal.

On mine the football kept getting interrupted by a Swedish film about twin sisters hitch-hiking through a forest. 

Could you ask the EFL to skip the football next game. 

Sorry - serious post elsewhere.

• Haha 1