The squad is mentally weak

4 minutes ago, poite said:

I feel sorry for Lees. Not so long ago he was part of one of the strongest defences in league. Through complete neglect and mismanagement he's been hung out to dry. Looks completely lost and fed up. 

God we miss loovens. I'd agree it was the right thing not to renew his contract but that was based on the idea we'd actually replace him! If I'd known we wouldn't I'd have kept him

Lees looked good back end of last season alongside Venancio.

Lees and Hutch didn't work under Carlos 2 seasons ago when we tried it.

Pudil was playing for a contract last season. Van Aken is awful.

We haven't replaced Venancio or Loovens, Lees is on his own in defence. Feel for him too.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We haven't replaced Venancio or Loovens, Lees is on his own in defence. Feel for him too.

I have a feeling Thorniley might cut it alongside Lees in a 4.

He'll need to though because we're running out of realistic options.

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Two play off defeats.

Underachieving season last time.

No new players to freshen things up.

This group of players had their chance.

The sooner we start taking some risks, sell players and start again the better,

Brilliant post Sally. Couldn’t agree more. 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I agree - although the 'gamble' on the kids is a worrying thought for the club and them.

I think what’s being missed by most, is the squad don’t understand what’s being asked of them. This is the biggest criticism we should be levelling at Jos. It’s clear Tom Lees is not comfortable. We don’t have wing backs to play a wing back system. We have attacking talent but nobody other than big Dave is being asked to play his natural role. Carlos was criticised for not putting round pegs in round holes. Jos doesn’t seem to know what a peg is. 

42 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Hold BB and FF at all costs.

Everyone else has a price.

At the minute they have a price too, albeit Bannan will be for significantly less because he's in his last year and I can't see him wanting to re-sign right now.

1 hour ago, poite said:

I feel sorry for Lees. Not so long ago he was part of one of the strongest defences in league. Through complete neglect and mismanagement he's been hung out to dry. Looks completely lost and fed up. 

God we miss loovens. I'd agree it was the right thing not to renew his contract but that was based on the idea we'd actually replace him! If I'd known we wouldn't I'd have kept him

Problem for me with Lees is when the going gets tough it appears he’s one of the first to hide. 

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Again I can’t see that Lees being the player to bring on Thorniley. 

If anything more likely to weaken his ability. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

And the one player who isn't mentally weak is currently being treat like s**t, Our wonderful 3rd choice GK.

Was still a fundamental part of the team that ultimately has failed to achieve 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Was still a fundamental part of the team that ultimately has failed to achieve 

3 player of the seasons, countless man of the matches and twice the main reason why we equalled club record for clean sheets. i think its fair to say KW did his job better than most if not everybody else.

59 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

I think what’s being missed by most, is the squad don’t understand what’s being asked of them. This is the biggest criticism we should be levelling at Jos. It’s clear Tom Lees is not comfortable. We don’t have wing backs to play a wing back system. We have attacking talent but nobody other than big Dave is being asked to play his natural role. Carlos was criticised for not putting round pegs in round holes. Jos doesn’t seem to know what a peg is. 

Absofuckinglutely

1 minute ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

The team is mentally weak because of the manager, nothing to do with the players. Megson would have the same squad running through brick ficking walls. Its about time that this lot stood up. 

Megson would out the majority of this squad just like he did in 2011 with the likes of Potter, Teale, Bennett, Morrison, Sedgwick etc.

7 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

3 player of the seasons, countless man of the matches and twice the main reason why we equalled club record for clean sheets. i think its fair to say KW did his job better than most if not everybody else.

Yeah he did his job admirably ... as a team though we still achieved nothing,  we need this whole squad refreshing !  I’d honestly bin the lot and start again 

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

There is no mental fortitude in our squad, it's one of our biggest flaws..... When DC tells the fan forum that we have better players than the Blades you can see how little he has learnt. A players character should be the first thing you look at because it doesn't matter how good you are if you don't have it.

Absolutely. You scout your players. There are teams out there that search for players not just on physical attributes alone. You have to look at mentality and whether players are up for a scrap or a battle. None of our lot are .. maybe the odd few, while most of em are resigned to being losers. They are used to it. We needed a refresh after Huddersfield game. Plenty of clubs do it .. every player has a price .. we need a bit of a reshuffle, no room for sentiment .. get the right players in .. instead we've just amassed a bunch of players on huge contracts .. biting us on the backside now

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Indeed. Not signing Venancio who'd built up a really good understanding of the club, Lees and was a damn good player is absolutely shocking bit of business. Not to have something in place at the beginning of his transfer is criminal ... Van Aken has looked like a 4p defender ..£4m??? christ, who messed up there?

11 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

I'm not sure - i just don't think we have the players or the quality ... any manager might come in and play whatever but the players, they just either don't have a clue, or don't give a flying fizz!