The squad is mentally weak

Yup.

I was thinking of creating a sports psychology post a few days ago. The club need one!!

The players have the ability to win games, but they are defeated in their heads before they even kick a ball. 

This is why Man United won the league so many times under Fergie. He made them believe they were winners before they even kicked a ball. 

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

And the one player who isn't mentally weak is currently being treat like s**t, Our wonderful 3rd choice GK.

I suspect he was told to leave to reduce the wage bill. 

As he didnt agree, he is being put out in the cold like Hirst was. 

Just now, CF83OWL said:

I suspect he was told to leave to reduce the wage bill. 

As he didnt agree, he is being put out in the cold like Hirst was. 

Only at Sheffield Wednesday could we punish players for wanting to play for the club.

1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

Yup.

I was thinking of creating a sports psychology post a few days ago. The club need one!!

The players have the ability to win games, but they are defeated in their heads before they even kick a ball. 

This is why Man United won the league so many times under Fergie. He made them believe they were winners before they even kicked a ball. 

They need it. Also this squad has such a level of expectation on them created by the club. When it goes wrong I think it makes it even harder for them to take.

The chairman basically said last week if we don't go up, we're in trouble. 

Talk about pressure on a group of players who lack belief and confidence.

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Two play off defeats.

Underachieving season last time.

No new players to freshen things up.

This group of players had their chance.

The sooner we start taking some risks, sell players and start again the better,

The better players didn't come here for a relegation scrap and they're not able to change their mindset.

There is no mental fortitude in our squad, it's one of our biggest flaws..... When DC tells the fan forum that we have better players than the Blades you can see how little he has learnt. A players character should be the first thing you look at because it doesn't matter how good you are if you don't have it.

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

There is no mental fortitude in our squad, it's one of our biggest flaws..... When DC tells the fan forum that we have better players than the Blades you can see how little he has learnt. A players character should be the first thing you look at because it doesn't matter how good you are if you don't have it.

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

This absolutely. Id keep joao too

Everyone else... including lees, reach, hutch, hooper get them all sold

I feel sorry for Lees. Not so long ago he was part of one of the strongest defences in league. Through complete neglect and mismanagement he's been hung out to dry. Looks completely lost and fed up. 

God we miss loovens. I'd agree it was the right thing not to renew his contract but that was based on the idea we'd actually replace him! If I'd known we wouldn't I'd have kept him

3 minutes ago, poite said:

I feel sorry for Lees. Not so long ago he was part of one of the strongest defences in league. Through complete neglect and mismanagement he's been hung out to dry. Looks completely lost and fed up. 

God we miss loovens. I'd agree it was the right thing not to renew his contract but that was based on the idea we'd actually replace him! If I'd known we wouldn't I'd have kept him

Aye, another piece of stupidity by the club.