FAO Those Clapping Seals

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Childish, Just because i have a different view doesn't mean im not entitled to post. Just check out the posts in this thread and the title to see who the negs are. 

That hurts. So much

Guest Willow Owl
23 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

23 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Do you work for club :biggrin:

Don't see the relevence, just giving my opinion. 

I grew up through the seventies, The teams were wee wee poor, but i loved it because the buzz of walking to Hillsborough, listening to the turnstiles clicking, Fans singing (all 10,000). Still get that same buzz over 40 years later. 

Edited by Willow Owl
Wrong wording

Guest Willow Owl
22 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Bit harsh tinks.

That's just a guy or gal. Who doesn't let the football ruin a day out.

Back when things were very crap. This was mostly the attitude of our support. Well that's the impression I got.

Cheers Maddogbob, just a guy who loves going to the matches, and yes that was the attitude of our support. 

On 19/08/2018 at 19:08, Gateford_Owl said:

Who after Chansiri had given us a half hour tirade about how we as supporters are to blame for the clubs current predicament; and that we'll have to find the extra money to pay the highest prices in the division because 'we've all got to do our part equally'. Who then gave this complete charlatan a round of applause, just because he ended with the statement 'we've got better players than United'...you all ought to hang your heads in shame.

He must've sat there thinking "I could murder their wives and children and as long as I throw them a few platitudes along the way then they'll lap it up". 

The first opportunity since last seasons debacle to make him accountable and you all sat there like hypnotized clapping seals. More please Mr Chansiri, more please, we love you.

The buck for this complete monstrosity of a start to the season is purely down to DC, and the sooner fans stop blowing smoke up his arse the sooner he'll have to make some real decisions, stop behaving like a spoilt child and start acting like a proper businessman. 

I completely agree. DC has played us from the start. Far from repaying the faithfull fans that have stuck with the club watching cr@p and cr@pper year in year out, this bloke increased our ticket prices from one of the cheapest to the dearest before any team improvements had been made! He wastes millions and charges the fans ridiculous amounts of money to watch an inferior product. The players may have cost more, but the ridiculous wage system rewards players before they have delivered or even got off the sick bench. His bent advisors have sold us one bum deal after another. I am fed up of listings DCs shortcomings and bad decisions, but the one that finally broke my trust was the sh!tty iplayer instead of excellent radio service scam he dropped on us. Coming on top of news we had been lied to for two seasons about staying under ffp while selling us 3 years season tickets paid fir up front I think the man is a deceptive spoilt brat!

He had a chance to own up to all his mistakes drop season ticket prices and let the BBC continue giving us live away coverage we can listen to and he spat his dummy out again. 

Shame on you Chansiri.

On 20/08/2018 at 06:08, Gateford_Owl said:

The first opportunity since last seasons debacle to make him accountable and you all sat there like hypnotized clapping seals. More please Mr Chansiri, more please, we love you

Sums some of our fanbase up, I'm sure the audience is hand picked for these events.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I completely agree. DC has played us from the start. Far from repaying the faithfull fans that have stuck with the club watching cr@p and cr@pper year in year out, this bloke increased our ticket prices from one of the cheapest to the dearest before any team improvements had been made! He wastes millions and charges the fans ridiculous amounts of money to watch an inferior product. The players may have cost more, but the ridiculous wage system rewards players before they have delivered or even got off the sick bench. His bent advisors have sold us one bum deal after another. I am fed up of listings DCs shortcomings and bad decisions, but the one that finally broke my trust was the sh!tty iplayer instead of excellent radio service scam he dropped on us. Coming on top of news we had been lied to for two seasons about staying under ffp while selling us 3 years season tickets paid fir up front I think the man is a deceptive spoilt brat!

He had a chance to own up to all his mistakes drop season ticket prices and let the BBC continue giving us live away coverage we can listen to and he spat his dummy out again. 

Shame on you Chansiri.

Damn you Wednesday...played me for a mug from the start...promising European football when we beat Barca and Roma and telling us that finishing second to spurs was just the start of us dominating English football and t top it off thrashing Dem Blades on Boxing Day and saying they'd never beat us again...cheated, fooled and sold a pup under the pretence that they were a football club..pass the cyanide tabs quick lol

Who after Chansiri had given us a half hour tirade about how we as supporters are to blame for the clubs current predicament; and that we'll have to find the extra money to pay the highest prices in the division because 'we've all got to do our part equally'. Who then gave this complete charlatan a round of applause, just because he ended with the statement 'we've got better players than United'...you all ought to hang your heads in shame.

He must've sat there thinking "I could murder their wives and children and as long as I throw them a few platitudes along the way then they'll lap it up". 

The first opportunity since last seasons debacle to make him accountable and you all sat there like hypnotized clapping seals. More please Mr Chansiri, more please, we love you.

The buck for this complete monstrosity of a start to the season is purely down to DC, and the sooner fans stop blowing smoke up his arse the sooner he'll have to make some real decisions, stop behaving like a spoilt child and start acting like a proper businessman. 

If daddy bought you a football club would you be perceived as a proper business man or a spoilt child?

• Haha 2

On 19/08/2018 at 20:59, HootHoot said:

Think we all need to band together here to be honest and stop throwing around childish insults towards someone with a different opinion. 

Supporting your club does not make you a "happy clapper"

Criticising your club doesn't mean you aren't a fan either.

The one thing we can be certain is our chairman just wants what is best for us. He's just lacking some experience with running a football club and he needs some help with that.

You’ve just managed to post the word ‘band’, I thought that I had got over it, now behave yourself. WTF:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

All these complaining about these events and questions not being asked how many of you actually apply to attend these when they come up???

To be fair coops..What do you get out of it exactly, one question and no follow up?

I'm not saying he should do what Lee Strafford did with the "House to house " thingy, that was probably him trying a little too hard, but there were a fair few fans who got the chance to chat for a couple of hours.

There has to be some middle ground.

Social media?..not the best place, unless you could regulate it properly, but there has to be summat.

These "Clapping seals"... lest we f.ookin' forget ..ARE Wednesday fans, they have as much right to clap as every other f.ooker has to "pout"...

But..Why go to listen to DC talk AT you for hours, with hardly any recourse to seriously question him?

Admittedly, DC doesn't HAVE to do either, but it would certainly help if he did summat in between

18 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Damn you Wednesday...played me for a mug from the start...promising European football when we beat Barca and Roma and telling us that finishing second to spurs was just the start of us dominating English football and t top it off thrashing Dem Blades on Boxing Day and saying they'd never beat us again...cheated, fooled and sold a pup under the pretence that they were a football club..pass the cyanide tabs quick lol

No need go neckin any tabs just yet mate.

I go these days mainly for a good chat and a laugh with those around us and usually despite the poor football on show from our lot. I only went to one away game last season after being a regular, but the lying money grabbing and empty promises I dont need and I have had enough of listening to the mans weasel words now.

I would be happy to see us have a team of decent players competing at the top half of the division. I am not particularly drawn to this lemming like attraction of the premiership being the holy grail of football. It wpuld be great to compete there again one day, but the way this bloke is going at it, we will have a huge noose of debt if ever we do get up there, because that is where it can really start to build up. 

I think we needed 6 or 8 decent young players to get us in the top 6 or thereabouts with a proper chance of being in the top 3. Unfortunately to do that you need good advice not expensive football agents trying to offload older players wanting top wages.

99% of the teams that have gone up from this division have done it without ripping off the fans. Are you one of those that would rather clap the money wasting failure. 

lol

Clapping seals what a p****

13 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

No need go neckin any tabs just yet mate.

I go these days mainly for a good chat and a laugh with those around us and usually despite the poor football on show from our lot. I only went to one away game last season after being a regular, but the lying money grabbing and empty promises I dont need and I have had enough of listening to the mans weasel words now.

I would be happy to see us have a team of decent players competing at the top half of the division. I am not particularly drawn to this lemming like attraction of the premiership being the holy grail of football. It wpuld be great to compete there again one day, but the way this bloke is going at it, we will have a huge noose of debt if ever we do get up there, because that is where it can really start to build up. 

I think we needed 6 or 8 decent young players to get us in the top 6 or thereabouts with a proper chance of being in the top 3. Unfortunately to do that you need good advice not expensive football agents trying to offload older players wanting top wages.

99% of the teams that have gone up from this division have done it without ripping off the fans. Are you one of those that would rather clap the money wasting failure. 

lol

All tongue in cheek mate...I go to see my mates and the football if we win is a bonus. I don't get this entitled crap because history tells me we have got what we deserve over the last 50 odd years I've been watching them...the only time I've been devastated was the 93' replay because that team deserved better BUT...we should have pushed on from that but have had no proper leadership in all the time I've been watching us and until we do I don't expect anything so don't get suicidal with it all

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:34, Lichfield alien said:

Because true fans like you an£ casbah owl and all that mob are constantly slagging all us fans saying we no nowt we are infesting 5his site with our negative comments etc...we are realists..

With a name like that, I doubt you are even Human.lol

On the serious side, we are all Wednesday fans and we all want what, WE, think is best for the club.

Personally, I think the slow evolutionary way is best, after watching 50 years of boom and bust, more bust then boom, I am fed up of my fellow Wednesday fans who think we are a 'Massive' club and should spend every penny we earn on the 1st team and then blame all and sundrie when it blows up in our faces.

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

All tongue in cheek mate...I go to see my mates and the football if we win is a bonus. I don't get this entitled crap because history tells me we have got what we deserve over the last 50 odd years I've been watching them...the only time I've been devastated was the 93' replay because that team deserved better BUT...we should have pushed on from that but have had no proper leadership in all the time I've been watching us and until we do I don't expect anything so don't get suicidal with it all

Couldn't agree more.

It is the Wednesday way to think we should be in the prem league because of our over blown opinion of our selves.

It pains me to say it, but we are not even the best run club in Sheffield, haven't been since 2000.

I hope DC gets it right in time, I believe he has learned his lesson and what it is all about now, if that makes me a clapping seal, so be it, better that than a delusional juvenile.

On 19/08/2018 at 19:30, Royal_D said:

Clapping seals ..... what’s the point in attacking fellow fans ??     Really ? 

Those seals gave him 53 plusses though. FFS

7 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

To be fair coops..What do you get out of it exactly, one question and no follow up?

I'm not saying he should do what Lee Strafford did with the "House to house " thingy, that was probably him trying a little too hard, but there were a fair few fans who got the chance to chat for a couple of hours.

There has to be some middle ground.

Social media?..not the best place, unless you could regulate it properly, but there has to be summat.

These "Clapping seals"... lest we f.ookin' forget ..ARE Wednesday fans, they have as much right to clap as every other f.ooker has to "pout"...

But..Why go to listen to DC talk AT you for hours, with hardly any recourse to seriously question him?

Admittedly, DC doesn't HAVE to do either, but it would certainly help if he did summat in between

Tbh I've not attended as I don't feel to strongly either way, Membership was a fizz up this year and I'm really unhappy regarding the staff season ticket scenerio also match day prices should be slightly cheaper.

However I do appreciate he's tried to do more for the club than any other chairman since that weasel Richards. 

Plus id get pissed with nearly everybody as some are off there head with the criticism and others don't see any wrong when the reality is somewhere in the middle.