Gateford_Owl

FAO Those Clapping Seals

Unless there is another takeover (with a Fosun-type rich owner), I'm afraid it looks like being several seasons of being in the bottom half of the Championship or worse (like it was in the Allen and Mandaric years).

Leeds are light years in front at the moment and even The Blunts are in much better shape.

Chansiri is a bit like that mad doctor at Villa, but not quite as bad.

Edited by ReluctantNicko
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, torres said:

It was a joke Einstein 

Too early in the morning to comprehend.

lol

10 minutes ago, torres said:

Wigan SELL OUT 

We apparently didn’t clap loud enough when the players were passing it out for a throw in and conceding chances every 5 minutes 

Sunderland - 2000

Thursday night, to watch the youth team and reserves in the first round of the league cup

Brentford SELL OUT 

Travelled down on a Sunday to watch what can only be described as an inept performance 

The one thing that isn’t falling to pieces is the away support this club gets. It’s unreal and sadly it’s taken for granted 

Good point mate , but I know loads of fans who go  to loads of  away games but hardly ever go to home games anymore , so to be fair they contribute jack to the club .

10 minutes ago, watty said:

Good point mate , but I know loads of fans who go  to loads of  away games but hardly ever go to home games anymore , so to be fair they contribute jack to the club .

What's their reasoning?

Atmosphere? Pricing etc?

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What's their reasoning?

Atmosphere? Pricing etc?

Probably a combination of a number of things , certainly those 2 plus as most would agree you can't beat a good away day .

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You genuinely really honestly truly believe that fans grumbling after a match is the real issue at our club?

Maybe re phrase this. It certainly doesnt help whatsover though does it!!???. Yes the performances so far been very poor. And yes we are in a mess off the pitch with FFP p&s.  But on a positive note we are out of embargo which is good news. And nobody really knows the real reason for this so until we actually here confirmed we are selling Forestieri and Joao and bannan not being offered a contract ect ect ect and NOT bringing anyone in lets not spread negativity and poo poo just cos its on talksport.  Lets trust DC and get behind the team and really hope we have a good week results wise. Anyway off enjoying last day of hols in sunny Majorca now. Uto

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, watty said:

How do they get tickets for aways if dont go to homes?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'm sorry.

I don't trust DC.

Just about to post the same. How has he earned any trust?

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

How do they get tickets for aways if dont go to homes?

There are always tickets available for away games .

11 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

Erm, since when did it become the fans problem to be coming up with ideas to solve the problem of our mismanaged club? 

You can do whatever you think is best.

11 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Have a day off ffs. Not the day for your constant trolling. 

How is asking for information trolling?

1 hour ago, MEGMAN82 said:

Maybe re phrase this. It certainly doesnt help whatsover though does it!!???. Yes the performances so far been very poor. And yes we are in a mess off the pitch with FFP p&s.  But on a positive note we are out of embargo which is good news. And nobody really knows the real reason for this so until we actually here confirmed we are selling Forestieri and Joao and bannan not being offered a contract ect ect ect and NOT bringing anyone in lets not spread negativity and poo poo just cos its on talksport.  Lets trust DC and get behind the team and really hope we have a good week results wise. Anyway off enjoying last day of hols in sunny Majorca now. Uto

Don’t trust DC. Couldn’t organise a wee wee up in a brewery.

Totally out of his depth as a football chairman and needs football people round him to run the club properly, right now we are in a shambolic mess off and on the field and it is all his doing, and his doing alone.

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Watson said:

You can do whatever you think is best.

Trust me, I will. 

Just now, Theboylangers said:

Trust me, I will. 

I trust you 

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes mate 

I asked about 5 or 6 questions on the bounce as I was getting really cheesed off with what people were asking, and what was being said in response.

I'll leave it to others that were there to give you the answer to the question that I asked as I don't want to misquote the chairman "So now we know that we're embargoed and in trouble WHAT IS THE PLAN AND HOW CAN THE FANS HELP?" was the question

Imagine the answer to that was give me all your money and let me dry bumm you all.

The man is a disconnected joke

• Haha 3

I'm glad the roadworks are finished round your way Gateford.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, addedtime said:

I'm glad the roadworks are finished round your way Gateford.

So am I. Nearly impossible to get out in rush hour, they were almost as frustrating as this football club!!

2 hours ago, MEGMAN82 said:

Trust the man who got us in the embargo in the first place?

That ship has sailed unfortunately. 

Edited by kingsidney
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Alright fair comment, but what you do?  You obviously know what the problems are 

First thing I would do is re-engage the fan base. DC loves a good statement so release a statement that is truthful and honest regarding the entire situation and try and get the fans back on board asap. Don't continue to wee wee up our backs and tell us it's raining.

Lower the costs for POTG supporters to a reasonable level immediately (say £20 Kop/West Stand Lower, £25 Cant/Grandstand, £30 South) and seeing as he likes personal dialouge - invite any season ticket holder that feels shortchanged to apply for a refund against the equivalent match day ticket costs (in reality this will be a very small percentage - probably less than 5% - as the majority of season ticket holders are early bird renewals). Almost like the distasteful offer he gave out about writing to the club if you couldn't afford it - but in reverse.

Scrap the current membership offerings and start again with a simple easy to understand scheme that costs no more than £25 to join, gets 10% off anything at the Megastore, priority for away games and £1 off home tickets if bought in advance. Uncomplicated, engaging and easy to understand.

Explain to us all our 3 year plan so that we can have confidence in his ability to forward plan and the means to execute this. Even if this involves leaning on our youth players and relying on loans and choice free transfers. People prefer this approach to sending out random questionnaires where we intimate we are going to do one thing but do completely the opposite.

The supporters of this great club are the best commodity you could ever have. Treat them with dignity and respect and they will follow you wherever you go.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1