sheffield_dave

I’m f*cking p*ssed off

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Jos in or out.. what’s going on with the formations.. embargoes.. wages.. iFollow.. price of going.. memberships.. 

What a f*cking mess. Right now this football club is absolutely garbage and the experience of supporting it is trash.

The football is crap. We have no identity. We’ve got a manager with all the personality of a pile of socks who doesn’t know what he’s doing week to week. We are sleep walking to absolute disaster. The players look confused and dejected. A promising bunch of young players are being thrown in at the deep end left to sink or swim in what’s going to quickly turn into incredibly toxic circumstances. 

The mood around the place stinks. The Chairman doesn’t know what he’s doing, dismisses fans concerns at every opportunity and is quite happy to play divide and conquer with the fanbase, while shrugging off genuine supporter concerns with vague tales of abuse or threats. 

We’ve p*ssed money up the wall on dross, continue to watch talent either being wasted on the field or nowhere near it for whatever reason. Scattergun recruitment, no strategy, a team with no heart or spine or identity. No plan. No clue. And don’t let this weeks news that we aren’t out of an embargo fool you - the club is f*cked every which way off the field. This is a short term reprieve that maybe - MAYBE - allows us offer a new contract or bring in a kid on loan. 

But at least we’ve still got the fans. For now. Somehow. After £90 memberships (backtracked on), cutting off Radio Sheffield, £99 replica shirts, up to £49 a chuck to watch this failing football club shamble on week in week out for a dwindling, near on non-existent walk up supporter base.

Hey.. at least we got a day out at Wembley. And if as we sit now in 2018 with the state the club is in, and you still think that day out was something to cheer or be grateful for, you’re a f*cking loser. 

Never felt more more disconnected from this club. It’s never had less of an identity or less to feel proud about.

nice one.

calling people flipping losers for having a different opinion.

No need 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 22

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Jos in or out.. what’s going on with the formations.. embargoes.. wages.. iFollow.. price of going.. memberships.. 

What a f*cking mess. Right now this football club is absolutely garbage and the experience of supporting it is trash.

The football is crap. We have no identity. We’ve got a manager with all the personality of a pile of socks who doesn’t know what he’s doing week to week. We are sleep walking to absolute disaster. The players look confused and dejected. A promising bunch of young players are being thrown in at the deep end left to sink or swim in what’s going to quickly turn into incredibly toxic circumstances. 

The mood around the place stinks. The Chairman doesn’t know what he’s doing, dismisses fans concerns at every opportunity and is quite happy to play divide and conquer with the fanbase, while shrugging off genuine supporter concerns with vague tales of abuse or threats. 

We’ve p*ssed money up the wall on dross, continue to watch talent either being wasted on the field or nowhere near it for whatever reason. Scattergun recruitment, no strategy, a team with no heart or spine or identity. No plan. No clue. And don’t let this weeks news that we are out of an embargo fool you - the club is f*cked every which way off the field. This is a short term reprieve that maybe - MAYBE - allows us offer a new contract or bring in a kid on loan. 

But at least we’ve still got the fans. For now. Somehow. After £90 memberships (backtracked on), cutting off Radio Sheffield, £99 replica shirts, up to £49 a chuck to watch this failing football club shamble on week in week out for a dwindling, near on non-existent walk up supporter base.

Hey.. at least we got a day out at Wembley. And if as we sit now in 2018 with the state the club is in, and you still think that day out was something to cheer or be grateful for, you’re a f*cking loser. 

Never felt more more disconnected from this club. It’s never had less of an identity or less to feel proud about.

Ok nobody likes a drama queen 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 4

My eyesight is not that good,.. But is that Victor Meldrew in your avatar? 

• Haha 2

Just not good enough, from front to back. Inferior in every position, but not surprising given the embargo.

The owners have a lot to answer for - spending a poo ton still being dire.

5 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

We’ve p*ssed money up the wall on dross, continue to watch talent either being wasted on the field or nowhere near it for whatever reason. Scattergun recruitment, no strategy, a team with no heart or spine or identity. No plan. No clue. And don’t let this weeks news that we are out of an embargo fool you - the club is f*cked every which way off the field. This is a short term reprieve that maybe - MAYBE - allows us offer a new contract or bring in a kid on loan. 

We can't make that many mistakes so obviously it's not our fault. Someone has it in for us 

I make you 100% spot on mate. 

I was a go every weeker home and away. I haven't been away apart from local games for a year and a bit and I've still got my ST but had to drag myself togames every week past season and this will be the same . 

Absolute fücking disaster zone this club. 

Very nearly done with it all. Can't believe I barely even check the scores at away games now, I just get notifications on the phone and assume we've conceded.

What on earth has DC done.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Agree with every single word. 

Love a good meltdown. Gives me a good chuckle. Sad of me know.

However I agree with most of it and that’s the worrying thing. 

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Bang on the money mate. You have summed up the situation perfectly.

I agree with every word.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I’m always one to recommend caution. It’s early days. However you could have had a rant like this at half time at Preston last year and it would have been spot on. 

Worrying times. 

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Yeah .

but APART from all that, it’s all ok isn’t it ? 

• Haha 3

I’m on the agreeing rather than disagreeing side for the record.

And especially pissed off with the Westwood situation and being told by feckwits that it’s the right decision. It quite obviously isn’t

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

Grateful to anyone for investing millions here and being thankful for being close to the premier league twice isn’t a bad thing.

But that was in the context that we were going to retain control of our own destiny and maintain a challenge through being able to stay the right side of the various regulations. 

Whether its it’s questionable recruitment, to sticking with a manager too long to appointing the wrong man. The bad decisions are starting to stack up and if someone offered me retained championship status this season (and next) I’d probably take it. 

I think the key thing now is that the fans are detached from those making the decisions in terms of identifying with them. Get that right and it buys you a lot of time. 

• Agree 2