Brentford 2 - 0 #SWFC - Official Matchday Thread

Based on what I saw at Wigan when our defending was woeful, its hard to see beyond a Brentford win. Based on the history of every seasons first 6 league games and the strange results that can be produced, it could land up as "any outcome", so I hope for the best for the lads. Lets hope Jos has got his defense working better.

I would be happy with a draw.

Guest The Horse

Heart says we go three up front  - taking the game to Brentford, catching them by surprise and going in three up at half time.

Head says slow awkward start trying to pass it uncomfortably around the back then chipping it up aimlessly as Brentford press us to a solitary forward with no support.

Basically, we can't defend for poo and leak at least one goal per game so we have to outscore the opposition.

15 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Heart says we go three up front  - taking the game to Brentford, catching them by surprise and going in three up at half time.

Head says slow awkward start trying to pass it uncomfortably around the back then chipping it up aimlessly as Brentford press us to a solitary forward with no support.

Basically, we can't defend for poo and leak at least one goal per game so we have to outscore the opposition.

Yep I'm not looking forward this but am paying a tenner on Ifollow to punish myself anyway. 

We fill our team with defensive players yet we cannot defend. 

Be nice to see us play Joao, stretch them at the back and go for it. But it probably won't happen. 

What I want us to play

Dawson

Baker - Lees - Hutch - Thorniley

Bannan - Reach - Joey

FF - Fletcher - Joao (Matias if hes not fit)

What I think he'll play

Dawson

Baker - Lees - Hutch - Pudil - Thorniley

Bannan - Reach - Joey 

FF - Nuhiu

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly don't see the point of approaching it from a defensive point of view, because I don't think we can cope defensively...Get at 'em, unnerve 'em, nick it...run away

Yes, with Brentford the way they are, and our trying to play it out from the back...

Eek.

40 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

What I want us to play

Dawson

Baker - Lees - Hutch - Thorniley

Bannan - Reach - Joey

FF - Fletcher - Joao (Matias if hes not fit)

What I think he'll play

Dawson

Baker - Lees - Hutch - Pudil - Thorniley

Bannan - Reach - Joey 

FF - Nuhiu

You want to play Matias as long as he is not fit, ok Jos you are the manager lol

• Haha 1