Team for tomorrow

Not sure we will go with 3 up top away at Brentford,

Think it will be:

Dawson

Lees Hutchinson Pudil

Baker Pelupessy Kirby Bannan Reach

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Brentford are a good side under Dean Smith so hoping it won't be a backs to the wall job. 

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Not sure we will go with 3 up top away at Brentford,

Think it will be:

Dawson

Lees Hutchinson Pudil

Baker Pelupessy Kirby Bannan Reach

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Brentford are a good side under Dean Smith so hoping it won't be a backs to the wall job. 

They are a good side, true, but we need to start believing in our own ability. In the first game, it was, Wigan are a good side, they’re on a roll Later, it was, Hull have some very good players. In truth, most clubs can beat anyone in this League. Until we believe we can impose ourselves on the opposition, we will always start on the back foot

7 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

hoping it won't be a backs to the wall job. 

I think it will be. And probably will be for most teams who visit Brentford this season 

Hopefully we don’t take a battering and then our season can start tomorrow, with new signings and some winnable home games to come

Difficult game this one. If I was the manager, I’d probably go;

Dawson

Lees

Pudil

Thorniley

Baker

Hutch

Bannan

Reach

Joao

Nuhiu

FF

Bench;

Wildsmith

Palmer

Penney

Joey

Boyd

Fletch

Matias

Joey is a big weak link for us. So are Palmer, JVA, Fox and Boyd.

I really rate Jordan Thorniley, however I think we will ruin him playing him left wing back on a constant basis. Either Play him left of a centre half or left back in a 4 this season. He needs bringing into the team. He’s the one young player who is absolutely ready (apart from the keepers). 

Im sure Jos will stick with Joey tho, play Thorniley LWB, Hutch at centre back and have a front 2 of FF and Nuhiu.

10 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Away at Brentford he's probably right. At home it's a different story.

He played two strikers at a weak Wigan, and we were awful.

The problem is that we really end up with one up and isolated, because FF drops very wide and deep. Our ball retention suffers and we get pushed deeper and deeper. 

It works in a 442, with two proper strikers and FF LW. But as yet that’s not Jos’s way.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He played two strikers at a weak Wigan, and we were awful.

The problem is that we really end up with one up and isolated, because FF drops very wide and deep. Our ball retention suffers and we get pushed deeper and deeper. 

It works in a 442, with two proper strikers and FF LW. But as yet that’s not Jos’s way.

A weak Wigan? Bit disrespectful. They've looked okay so far this season.

Yes Forestieri does drop deep but then again so does Bannan. Problem at the minute is that we still don't know our best side and we don't have full backs good enough to play a back four. 

If Jos was able to use his 'go to' formation at previous clubs of 4-2-3-1 what would his side be right now with who's available? 

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

A weak Wigan? Bit disrespectful. They've looked okay so far this season.

Yes Forestieri does drop deep but then again so does Bannan. Problem at the minute is that we still don't know our best side and we don't have full backs good enough to play a back four. 

If Jos was able to use his 'go to' formation at previous clubs of 4-2-3-1 what would his side be right now with who's available? 

Dawson

Baker

Lees

Hutch

Thorniley

Joey

Bannan

Boyd

FF

Reach

Nuhiu

In this formation, I’d play Pudil centre half and put Hutch in CDM and take Joey out of the team.

Personally, Id go 4-3-3 and I’d utilise our attacking strengths.