International Membership

Hi all, I've been looking at the memberships that the club offers. I think we could really expand what is available. I'm in Australia and I'll use my AFL club as a good example of what we can do at SWFC, check this link for all the options https://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/membership/

One thing they offer that I can't see at SWFC is an international membership. For people that want to support the club but can't get to games. It includes streaming of games, picture attached.

Is this offered at SWFC? Would anyone else take it up to support the club?

IMG_2088.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Spacehooch said:

The international membership would add money to the clubs coffers but also add numbers to the confirmed membership at the club making it more attractive to sponsors. I'd pay a bit more to get iFollow and a membership pack.

Same same esp. if it gives better chance to get Play Off final tickets this season!

• Haha 1

If we can break away from the I-Follow service and eventually do our own thing the sky is the limit

We are as a club tied into so many nonsensical contracts that once the club understands and learns how to go their own way on them will not just bring a shedload more cash in, but will also give us better reach as a football club and more opportunity to deliver more exciting things.

Owlstalk Shop

I’d love a ‘bronze lebel’ Membership for those that want to support the club and feel part of it, without the need for discounts etc. 

I’d gladly pay £30 a season as an expat to feel I was supporting, that’s far less than many fans spend in a day let alone a season. 

I think the club will do their own iFollow version soon especially with the radio deal scenario. 

Streaming season tickets is what is coming. 

There is so much money in it for clubs. 

If you notice with ifollow, it started off streaming games for international fans, now its midweek games, then next it will be all games. 

Edited by CF83OWL

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we can break away from the I-Follow service and eventually do our own thing the sky is the limit

We are as a club tied into so many nonsensical contracts that once the club understands and learns how to go their own way on them will not just bring a shedload more cash in, but will also give us better reach as a football club and more opportunity to deliver more exciting things.

Like breaking away and making our own shirt, what can possibly go wrong!

Having a global media channel with our budgets/expertise is probably pushing our boundaries a bit too far.

Guest hk_owl

A mate of mine has international membership to Palace. £40 for the year with discounts in the shop, local hotels and a digital copy of the matchday programme.

I subscribed to iFollow last season, but due to the poor quality of streaming, probably won’t bother this season. I paid £5 for the Hull game and every couple of minutes the picture went... 

I’d be straight in for an international membership... and a digital subscription to the match day programme. 

I’d love to give my money to the club, but they make it so difficult...

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't you need expensive resources to run them? 

Just now, sw1867 said:

This should have been in place BEFORE the decision to ditch the BBC. We are currently losing money and pis*ing everyone off. Lose Lose.

If we couldn’t get it up and running in time for this season DC should have accepted the BBC offer but made it clear that next year we wouldn’t be held to ransom and we will have everything in place to go it alone.

DC then gets BBC money now and has the potential to make more money whilst keeping everyone onside. Win Win.

Its not rocket science.

That's what I'd have done

1 year extension with the BBC and run I-Follow alongside it whilst preparing to break away from that and doing our own thing

SWFC don't get the money that people pay to I-Follow either - just a small % of it

Owlstalk Shop