Your thoughts and memories of this match?

Most I'd ever drunk since my Uni days. Only later did I realise that the beer must have been watered down about 50/50.

Biggest crush outside the turnstiles I've ever experienced. Lucky to get in for kick off. And uninjured.

Went on a minibus with a few mates and a mates mate who hoped to get a ticket before kick off. Full time they were nowhere to be seen: streets cleared except for our bus. Turned out they'd been arrested outside the ground. Didn't get home til about 11.

Match was a bit disappointing. Thought, as always, that after Highbury it's our turn. Graeme Sharp thought otherwise. 

29 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

This. Absolutely crushed on there.

Great atmosphere but I genuinely feared for my life. My arms were held fast down my sides and I couldn't move for most of the game. Had a Mars bar in my pocket and could feel it turn to mush. Very scary.

Guest Jack the Hat

My 16th birthday. We were very unlucky. Harper fouled Snodin in the run up to the first goal. On one hand how could they lose on my birthday. On the other hand they were just preparing me for a life of disapointment!

Went in back of a transit 

Met some everton fans in a pub outside birmingham had  good laugh  but when they set off they left 2 of them in the bogs and so they travelled to the ground in the back of the transit with us 

2 mates got arrested so had to wait in a pub next to kop shop after game didnt leave until after 9 pm 

Well pissed we pulled up outside a pub on way home  god knows where  but as we stopped and opened back doors they all pushed from behind causing a pile up.

I did my anckle in and end up at the hallamshire the following morning   my wife wasnt too pleased when i woke her at 6am to take me  

It cost me 3 weeks off work with no sick pay and a new pair of jeans which got ripped 

Oh and the game was a big disappointment 

Never been as crushed as this on the Holte end that day - typical mid-80s game; a bit kick n rush but as mentioned Everton were a very good team then, even without Lineker.

This match was the beginning of the end of a great wilko team - we struggled after this for two seasons with little recruitment investment and he left frustrated to get Leeds promoted and win the league a couple of years after.

2 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

I can remember thinkin l was gonna die on the Holt End when we scored. Mental.

Absolutely. I was 15 and stood with my older brother. When we scored I ended up 30 yards from where I had been standing. For part of that my feet were off the ground. I feckin shat myself.