Wildsmith or Dawson

Dawson is more commanding of his area (key skill for a keeper). Wildsmith, whilst a good shot stopper, is prone to errors. As a keeper an error usually leads to a goal. We can't carry someone who makes that many (2 at QPR for example, home to Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough FA Cup). It's a long list for him.

Every keeper will make the odd error. It's the consistency you look for. Westwood has made maybe 1 or 2 bad ones in the whole time he's been here. Dawson made one at Wigan (for the 3rd goal). That was the first he's made for us.

Has to be Dawson (If Westwood isn't going to play).

55 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

Would last night change your decision on who is the league keeper or are you happy as it is ? 

I did like Dawson, but Wildsmith was strong last night. He seemed more commanding and that punch while being flattened was superb. Hes tipped it in his favour for me. 

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I did like Dawson, but Wildsmith was strong last night. He seemed more commanding and that punch while being flattened was superb. Hes tipped it in his favour for me. 

You can't just swap keepers based on one save (the only one he needed to make).

Dawson is playing league games and Wildsmith cup games. Unless anything drastically changes in form it will stay the same.

I could have kept a clean sheet last night. We were comfortable.

• Like 1

Just now, mark77 said:

Dawson is playing league games and Wildsmith cup games. Unless anything drastically changes in form it will stay the same.

You could if you wanted to, however i'm not suggesting they do. It just shows how close i consider their abilities that one performance (which included a great save) has tipped the balance of my opinion in Wildsmiths favour. 
You probably have to bare in mind that its also who i prefer and not going to result in anyone being swapped. 

15 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Jos changed it last season - Wildsmith was playing in the league, Dawson in the cup, then Jos gave Dawson the remaining games once safe.