Sign in to follow this  
Quist

Brentford £10 on ifollow

1 minute ago, rawowl said:

Is there a chance this could be on the red button ?  its not a sat 3pm kick off so cant see why not.

I thought the sky article specifically referred to 'midweek rounds' but who knows

Just now, Beholder said:

No.

Not 100% sure how it all works but from what I understand you need a foreign bank account and address access 

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Not 100% sure how it all works but from what I understand you need a foreign bank account and address access 

OK that's a new thing then cos you didn't last season. 

No cold, no farts, no clouded in cigarette smoke, no unrelenting groaning, no squinting at the scoreboard and no taking abuse from opposition fans..

Whats not to love?

Why is £10 deemed a rip off? It is designed to give more people a chance to watch us play who, for whatever reason, can't get to the game. Particularly useful for away games or for home games for those who live far away from Sheffield.

But it isn't supposed to replace live attendance. It would be disastrous for football if these new ways of watching replaced live attendance. So you need to charge a reasonable amount to make make up for lost match day revenue and to stop it just being the go to option for the majority of fans.

At the end of the day, this is a 'easier convenience' way of watching a game. It is quite normal to pay a premium for convenience. It is like hiring a cleaner and then moaning that he/she doesn't clean for free when you have to do it for free.

At the end of the day, if people are put off by a £10 price tag for this then it pretty much proves that they are just looking for a free ride or nearly free. It's like all those threads on Facebook and Twitter at the weekend scrambling for streams and VPNs when there were only 23k in Hillsborough. Such people claim it is all about ticket prices being too high (and I do recognise they are) but then balk when offered a chance to watch for just a tenner. At the end of the day they have no interest in truly supporting the club in any meaningful way.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rawowl said:

Is there a chance this could be on the red button ?  its not a sat 3pm kick off so cant see why not.

Checked with Sky it is not. The red button is for a fixtures designated as midweek fixtures think there is 6 or 8 of them over the season.

This is Saturday fixture moved to Sunday.

18 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

No you do not ,I live in France and pay on a uk card , with uk address.

2 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Why is £10 deemed a rip off? It is designed to give more people a chance to watch us play who, for whatever reason, can't get to the game. Particularly useful for away games or for home games for those who live far away from Sheffield.

But it isn't supposed to replace live attendance. It would be disastrous for football if these new ways of watching replaced live attendance. So you need to charge a reasonable amount to make make up for lost match day revenue and to stop it just being the go to option for the majority of fans.

At the end of the day, this is a 'easier convenience' way of watching a game. It is quite normal to pay a premium for convenience. It is like hiring a cleaner and then moaning that he/she doesn't clean for free when you have to do it for free.

At the end of the day, if people are put off by a £10 price tag for this then it pretty much proves that they are just looking for a free ride or nearly free. It's like all those threads on Facebook and Twitter at the weekend scrambling for streams and VPNs when there were only 23k in Hillsborough. Such people claim it is all about ticket prices being too high (and I do recognise they are) but then balk when offered a chance to watch for just a tenner. At the end of the day they have no interest in truly supporting the club in any meaningful way.

The thing that annoys people is that wages don't rise at the same rate as prices for entertainment and living..That's why everything looks a rip-off nowadays.  It's happened that slowly that these prices have become the norm.  And consumers, now have the power of the internet and confidence to voice their opinions.  It's a third of what it should cost to get into real games and your just sat their with your laptop with your missus moaning that she can't hear Eastenders

In my opinion £10 is expensive but not unreasonable. But then again you can live on £10 food for a week if you have to.

21 minutes ago, Beholder said:

OK that's a new thing then cos you didn't last season. 

3 minutes ago, french paul said:

No you do not ,I live in France and pay on a uk card , with uk address.

Apparently not then according to French Paul...

It's just what I've seen other folk mention but I guess not but I've never tried to access a stream via vpn. 

I think part of the issue with the price being £10 is that you can buy a Now TV day pass for £8 which gives you access to all Sky Sports channels for 24 hours.

I've paid for that when Wednesday have a Friday night game on Sky, then watched others sports plus the Saturday lunchtime Premier League game for less than we're being asked to pay for a single game on iFollow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Beat me to it pal. 

People dont think twice twice about spending a tenner on booze or a takeaway, but baulk at the though of spending a tenner to watch a personal stream of our match. Afraid it’s just another stick for some to try and beat the club with.....really isn’t a big deal! 

Personally, I subscribe to an IPTV service and get everything you can shake a stick at....including ifollow. 

For those that wanna try a VPN I highly recommend DigibitDesign - £2.50 per month with many servers to choose from.

28 minutes ago, skytail said:

I use an iptv sub, think its £30.00 for 6 months sub on a mag 256 box. it has all the ifollow games.

i know of a better/cheaper one that has all the i-follow games and 3pm saturday PL games! 

1 minute ago, brian joicey said:

i know of a better/cheaper one that has all the i-follow games and 3pm saturday PL games! 

The one I use is £50 a year for two connections (ie two devices at once), has all the main channels and iFollow and EPL games etc. etc. best not to post names publicly though, PM if anyone wants details :)

3 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

The one I use is £50 a year for two connections (ie two devices at once), has all the main channels and iFollow and EPL games etc. etc. best not to post names publicly though, PM if anyone wants details :)

So this gives you access to a website and you find/click on a stream?

16 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The thing that annoys people is that wages don't rise at the same rate as prices for entertainment and living..That's why everything looks a rip-off nowadays.  It's happened that slowly that these prices have become the norm.  And consumers, now have the power of the internet and confidence to voice their opinions.  It's a third of what it should cost to get into real games and your just sat their with your laptop with your missus moaning that she can't hear Eastenders

In my opinion £10 is expensive but not unreasonable. But then again you can live on £10 food for a week if you have to.

indeed

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

So this gives you access to a website and you find/click on a stream?

Yes and no, it's best to set up a device like a Smart TV or Android box or similar to watch on your tv for the better quality but this one does have the means to let you watch the feeds in your browser if you so wish.

9 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

half that price too! PM me if u want details 

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Just need a foreign bank account and address. Then go and pay for a VPN. The others are being closed down all the time and majority of free ones no longer work as are blocked.

Thats the spirit.

2 hours ago, Quist said:

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/news/201808-august/ifollow---efl-domestic-streaming-fixtures.pdf

Found this buried away on EFL site. Brentford is available on ifollow for £10.

No thanks. 

1 hour ago, skytail said:

I use an iptv sub, think its £30.00 for 6 months sub on a mag 256 box. it has all the ifollow games.

Yeah a lot of the iptv providers have the ifollow feeds this season and can use on any device... defo the best value. even if you do month to month its still cheaper than the abroad subscription (albeit the chance of it not working does go up a little bit) 

1 hour ago, wiggy said:

Millwall should be on sky red button for free

Im working away though, ipad jobby