You might think im being harsh

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

He's having to play the youngsters through others negligence, it's his job to coach and improve players. 

He's been dealt a poor hand but i seriously expected him to put his own identity on the team this season.

He will be judged this season, fairly or not just as we all are at work.

Like he’s having to not pick Westwood because of others negligence ??   People need to accept it as a possibility that Jos rates the young lads at this club and believes in them enough to select them for the first team 

Just now, full fathom five said:

He's having to play the youngsters through others negligence, it's his job to coach and improve players. 

He's been dealt a poor hand but i seriously expected him to put his own identity on the team this season.

He will be judged this season, fairly or not just as we all are at work.

Anything above 16th position for me will be a bonus.

I don't think he's got the tools available to achieve anything else.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Like he’s having to not pick Westwood because of others negligence ??   People need to accept it as a possibility that Jos rates the young lads at this club and believes in them enough to select them for the first team 

He's not picking Westwood because he's doing as his boss tells him.

For me started slow (as usual) and being honest the goal came out of very little for Matias, (good determination & pressure though), but the first half Sunderland looked brighter, sharper and much better team cohesion. Fletcher looked a bit rusty still and boyd was awful in that first half, credit where its due though we stuck to our guns, made a few errors, but kept going and managed the second to kill the game off. None of the  young lads disgraced themselves or looked too out of place. Palmer had a good game, so too bannan, though tried  the Holywood ball a tad too often for me. All in all though pleasing to watch for the most part, improved and more positives than negatives. 

I thought it was a marginal improvement on Saturday - Sunderland probably weren't much worse than Hull, but we managed to get the win today. We're still going to have to kick things up several gears to get results against better sides though as we're too pedestrian, like against Brentford on Sunday or against Wolves in the next round.

40 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

after a victory but youngsters or not, cup match or not, Jos's tactics and style of play have me deeply concerned.

I was hopeful that Jos would have us as a very, very fit and well disciplined side to compensate for our obvious shortcomings in many key areas to at least give us something to cling to and maybe build upon. He's done neither. Unfortunately we are playing a negative style of what could be a positive system. Our center halfs and goalkeeper have got to be so much more comfortable in possession than what they are. Our fullbacks have got to be more proactive in both outnumbering our opponents in midfield with positive forwards movement and be able to go beyond our midfield when required, NOT turn back and pass on responsibility to others.

Bannan has got to stop coming back to the edge of our penalty area and fannying about with the ball and putting us under pressure once he loses it in an area where quality sides will punish us.

We are a side that lacks identity, funds or not that's the least i expected from Jos, at least put your stamp on the team.

We are in serious trouble and Jos won't lead us to DCs laughable promotion.

I think that’s why I still have reservations about Jos Those are things you would imagine would be the strengths of the Dutchman Far too cautious

41 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

In the current situation, we are probably very lucky to have Jos.

He's actually coaching and learning our youngsters about the game. Giving them a chance, giving them confidence.

He can't even be judged this season. Working under such limitations.

Could you imagine Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce or CC doing this? There all mouth pieces. Jos is putting in the ground work.

Absolutely spot on. Carlos was a disaster, and he has left us in a shocking state. I have good feelings about Jos. I just hope the Chairman listens to him rather than the people who have been advising him over the last two years. 

No you are not being harsh. You are being unrealistic and strangely not happy after an away win on a televised tricky tie that we had half a team of under 23s playing and players still rusty after long injury lay offs. JL tactics were right for the players he chose. He made the right changes when needed and changed the personnel and formation to cause sunderland to concede another goal. The right players were rested and their replacements got more experience and minutes on the pitch. How anyone can find anything negative to say after this 2 nil win is prime example of why the fan base in general is getting more and more fed up with the negative attitude of the minority commenting on social media and lesser so at the games. If you cant enjoy winning i think you may need to follow another sport / team as I got a very good feeling this is just the start of things to come under JL at hillsborough and I cant wait to see your glum faces or hear the negative opinions when we going for a promotion place later this season.

• Like 2