You might think im being harsh

after a victory but youngsters or not, cup match or not, Jos's tactics and style of play have me deeply concerned.

I was hopeful that Jos would have us as a very, very fit and well disciplined side to compensate for our obvious shortcomings in many key areas to at least give us something to cling to and maybe build upon. He's done neither. Unfortunately we are playing a negative style of what could be a positive system. Our center halfs and goalkeeper have got to be so much more comfortable in possession than what they are. Our fullbacks have got to be more proactive in both outnumbering our opponents in midfield with positive forwards movement and be able to go beyond our midfield when required, NOT turn back and pass on responsibility to others.

Bannan has got to stop coming back to the edge of our penalty area and fannying about with the ball and putting us under pressure once he loses it in an area where quality sides will punish us.

We are a side that lacks identity, funds or not that's the least i expected from Jos, at least put your stamp on the team.

We are in serious trouble and Jos won't lead us to DCs laughable promotion.

Edited by full fathom five

Just now, brian joicey said:

Absolutely zero tempo and/or pressing,we make it sooo easy for the opposition even if they are poor! 

Well. I thought we were really poor first half. Less so second. It wasn't "easy" for Sunderland however. Yes, we lacked tempo going forward, but they didn't get offered much. Far from great, but far from a disaster.

I’m trying to be positive tonight so I’m that sense I can understand the your post could have been a much different outcome if Sunderland had more quality 

that wasn’t the case though so it’s our first win plenty of positives from the young ones and hopefully we can kick on 

2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Well. I thought we were really poor first half. Less so second. It wasn't "easy" for Sunderland however. Yes, we lacked tempo going forward, but they didn't get offered much. Far from great, but far from a disaster.

I wasn’t particularly referring to tonight,more in general the way we play 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

I’m trying to be positive tonight so I’m that sense I can understand the your post could have been a much different outcome if Sunderland had more quality 

that wasn’t the case though so it’s our first win plenty of positives from the young ones and hopefully we can kick on 

Pleased for the young uns, worried about our lack of idea.

In the current situation, we are probably very lucky to have Jos.

He's actually coaching and learning our youngsters about the game. Giving them a chance, giving them confidence.

He can't even be judged this season. Working under such limitations.

Could you imagine Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce or CC doing this? There all mouth pieces. Jos is putting in the ground work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

It was an easy nights work..I’m no happy clapper but tonight there is nothing to moan about

I wouldn't say moan but that first half was pretty below average. The way Sunderland were getting in behind was a worry and against Championship teams we will get punished. Second half was much better and we had the lions share of the game.  

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

In the current situation, we are probably very lucky to have Jos.

He's actually coaching and learning our youngsters about the game. Giving them a chance, giving them confidence.

He can't even be judged this season. Working under such limitations.

Could you imagine Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce or CC doing this? There all mouth pieces. Jos is putting in the ground work.

He's having to play the youngsters through others negligence, it's his job to coach and improve players. 

He's been dealt a poor hand but i seriously expected him to put his own identity on the team this season.

He will be judged this season, fairly or not just as we all are at work.

11 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Not moaning just pointing out im seriously worried. A win won't gloss over the fact that we look clueless.

Are you sure you’re not moaning? It does seem quite a lot like you’re moaning. 

• Haha 4