Nielsen

Mad Mick's views clear, we'd better hope Tom Lees does not get injured. He implied VA and Nielsen not good enough at Championship level and, at present, it's hard to disagree. VA was, however, having a better game before the injury caused by a tackle that could easily have been red-carded. 

Thought he looked tidy and will only get better with game time and with experienced heads around him

I imagine Brigitte will be delighted this morning, I heard she was very proud last night at Freddie making his debut.

brigitte-nielsen.jpg

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

why is that if a player is well over 6 foot that fans say they are great in the air ?...…..Barnsley had Nielsen on trial and didn't take him as they said he wasn't good enough in the air . 

Who gives a flying fcuk what they say? Watch him play for us and judge him on that! He was very good in the air last night.

Edited by פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu

8 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Who gives a flying fcuk what they say? Watch him play for us and judge him on that! He was very good in the air last night.

seen a few  times and the lads done nothing wrong but never thought of him as being strong in the air …..just because some one is tall it doesn't follow the his heading ability is good . van aken is a big lad and can out jump most but where the ball goes and the distance he can get on it isn't good .  

I thought Neilsen did ok. didn't look the most confident but he's only played 2 or 3 games at first team level so that's natur I guess.

As for people comparing him to Rooney at 16 - come on! Rooney was a world class player and fully physically developed at a young age. 

Anyway, it's one game, in the cup, with lots of changes to the line up. Hopefully the youngsters will be able to come in now and then, surrounded by experienced players, and develop over time.

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Mad Mick's views clear, we'd better hope Tom Lees does not get injured. He implied VA and Nielsen not good enough at Championship level and, at present, it's hard to disagree. VA was, however, having a better game before the injury caused by a tackle that could easily have been red-carded. 

Yes but mick was talking about two centre backs who are back up for Hutchinson and Pudil.

They like Thornilly are young and have time to develop. Patience needed, let’s just lay off this not good enough stuff.