JVA Injured again

5 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Nielsen is no way near ready to play first team football at championship level. He’d get torn apart. Anyone who thinks he is, is deluded. 

agree ,anyone with pace and a bit of trickery would , maybe with experience he will improve ,he coped tonight ,but anybody running at him with pace would cause problems.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Torn apart? 

He's a bit too big for that. I thought he looked ready. Certainly decent back up. 

Shocked how well he played if I’m honest, far further forward in development and hope he gets more game time. Will only benefit the lad. 

I only hope he can learn to be bit more aggressive, looks bit bigger and beefed up but still a bit of a BFG. 

14 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

agree ,anyone with pace and a bit of trickery would , maybe with experience he will improve ,he coped tonight ,but anybody running at him with pace would cause problems.

As it would most defenders.

Nemanja Vidic was made to look stupid every time Fernando Torres ran at him with pace but it didn't make him a bad defender

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
21 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

All centre halves are troubled by pace though aren't they? looked better alongside Lees in a four and postional sense was okay. Prospect yes, finished article no

2 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

Nielsen is no way near ready to play first team football at championship level. He’d get torn apart. Anyone who thinks he is, is deluded. 

Thats twice now on here i've been called deluded,first time made me change my username,if only i could change it again to "DELUDED OWL X2" .

Waddle was spot on that three at the back fills you with fear. They are not comfortable playing out and as a result don't have the confidence to play out with a little pace. So if we can't find anyone competent enough to fill the three slots then it should be Hutch and Lees in a back four.

The ref missed a fair bit but I didn't see Sunderland as being particularly dirty. Contact game and Nielsen got a knock on the inside of his left knee the result of a mistimed sliding tackle. He may miss Sunday but that is more the result of tight fixture list rather than a tight knee.