Kirby for pelepusey

From what I've seen Baker and Thornily can become first team regulars. Nielson adequate back up this season and Kirby, Penney able the challenge for a shirt.

This is great news, 5 players from our academy who don't look out of place when given opportunity.

Thought penny and Kirby did really well so did neilson felt a bit sorry for hunt in the first half I hope that doesn’t knock his confidence and even though we didn’t see much of that Lee he looks a right unit 

1 hour ago, H2Owl said:

Yep, and please ditch this 3 at the back as we simply just can’t play it.

We looked a million times better when we switched to a back 4.

After the game Mick McCarthy said, of our defenders, only Tom Lees is capable of playing in a back 4 

I said the same on here, 6 months ago ... Jos is probably thinking the same 

Not knocking Pelupessy but that was a very tidy 45 minutes from Kirby in a position we are really struggling to fill. Not only did he protect his defence by winning the ball in that problematic area he also got his head up and offered support going forwards. His first touch could have been a shot on goal had Fletcher's header been a little further back. Definitely a big positive from tonight but let's not get ahead of ourselves though.

35 minutes ago, striker said:

From what I've seen Baker and Thornily can become first team regulars. Nielson adequate back up this season and Kirby, Penney able the challenge for a shirt.

This is great news, 5 players from our academy who don't look out of place when given opportunity.

Thorniley and Nielsen aren't from our academy, we picked the up from Everton and Forest in the past couple of years. We'd have to thank their academies if they came good.

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Looked very assured , I bought the lad a drink in town a few weeks ago a real top lad too. Not sure we should be starting him away at Brentford mind but a good prospect 

What flavour Fruit Shoot did he have?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

My team for Sunday.

Dawson

Hutch.        Lees.       Pudil

Baker.      Reach.     Kirby.    Bannan.     Penny

FF.         Nuhiu

Young athletic lads playing the WB roles.

Really like the look of that team Hopefully we have Joao as well on the bench to add a bit more pace 

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Hunt had his hands full because bannan was running off on useless errands.

To be fair to the lad hunt that first half hour Sunderland were the better side and tried to bully him a bit, especially the lad o'nien, but he didn't seem too far  out of his depth and handled himself not too badly, made a mistake or two, but so did a few others, VanAkren, bannan, Nielson and boyd especially who looked very out of sorts that first half hour.