Kirby for pelepusey

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Doesn’t look phased does he . Not a fan of hyping youngsters up (then hanging them out to dry as Wednesday fans are pretty good at) but it’s noticeable how much more ‘ready’ he is than the other youngsters 

Looked a lot more composed and ready than Hunt did that's for sure. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair to Hunt he was on the pitch when Sunderland were playing a high press and shading possession. The goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of Sunderland and young Hunt did manage to get into the game a little more. Whilst Kirby looks far more ready it has to be said that Sunderland were not the same as that first 25 mins.

Penney also looked really solid once he came on and I thought Neilsen had a great game both in a three and then in a central two once Joost went off.

Edited by BigOwl

My team for Sunday.

Dawson

Hutch.        Lees.       Pudil

Baker.      Reach.     Kirby.    Bannan.     Penny

FF.         Nuhiu

Young athletic lads playing the WB roles.

2 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

My team for Sunday.

Dawson

Hutch.        Lees.       Pudil

Baker.      Reach.     Kirby.    Bannan.     Penny

FF.         Nuhiu

Young athletic lads playing the WB roles.

I'd play the same but with Thorniley for Penney, definitely have him on the bench though, I'd like to see Penney get some minutes where he can get involved a bit more before he starts

I agree that he looked the best of the u23s tonight. But as Tinks reminded us in the Palmer thread "league one opposition". Let's not build the lad up too much, too soon. Brentford are a step or two up from Sunderland. So maybe a place on the bench and if Pelupessy continues to struggle and look off the pace Kirby could come on.

He staked a claim tonight for sure,  but the biggest thing for me with all these young lads is I don’t worry about wether they will get a game or not because if there good enough we’ve got a manager brave enough to play them 

Penney looked very comfortable aswell 

39 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

yer couldn't agree more Kirby looked very composed , I think hunt could do maybe with a loan ,or maybe give him a full year with u23s then loan him out, worst thing is if a youngsters confidence gets shattered ,he looked a bit lost out there tonight ,but it was only his 1st game. much prefer to see young hopefuls than the likes of jones.