Fletch

Been impressed with him so far this season. 

IMHO best strike partner for him would be Hooper or Joao in a two but would also look great in a three with Forestieri and Joao or Matias. 

I'm concerned that injuries will ruin our season again. 

He's a good lad. Gets stick for his daft wages and relatively low strike rate everywhere he goes, but he's more like an advanced-midfielder-meets-centre-half for me...a weird combination of aerial dominance and smart linkup play, only with a tendency to fling himself a bit too hard at really good chances in front of goal and muck them up by being too excited. Works his absolute arse off, never goes missing.

It's almost as if he's been a stalwart player in defence or midfield his whole career, and just recently got stuck up top by a manager with no fit strikers and told to chuck himself at owt. Weird.

Anyway I like him, but - like all our attacking players - never in a million years been a lone striker. Needs a partner. Happily, in Fletcher's case, I think any of FF, Joao, Hooper, Winnall [or Rhodes LOLOL] could be effective with him given a few games to really form an understanding. He makes goals for other people, and scores a few big 'uns himself.

He started looking v good with Hooper in that brief window they were both jogging about for a few weeks. Didn't last long, obvs.

Edited by Mr. Tom