Did I hear right?

1 hour ago, Andoverowl said:

IF we did come out of embargo we'd probably be back in another one next summer .

Indeed so get your assets signed up to longer deals so next year we don't have to worry about not being able to resigning players. 

If they are still here the likes of Matias, Jones, Adbi, Westwood and Hooper would all be out of contracts it is unlikely we would want to resign them to similar deals and there wages saving could be at least £100,000 a week or over £5m a season. Which hopefully will be the only cuts we need next year. (figures based on each player being on at least £20,000 a week)

The only other issues next year then would be getting Fessi signed up to a longer deal with only then having one year left in contract in June 2019.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed so get your assets signed up to longer deals so next year we don't have to worry about not being able to resigning players. 

If they are still here the likes of Matias, Jones, Adbi, Westwood and Hooper would all be out of contracts it is unlikely we would want to resign them to similar deals and there wages saving could be at least £100,000 a week or over £5m a season. Which hopefully will be the only cuts we need next year. (figures based on each player being on at least £20,000 a week)

The only other issues next year then would be getting Fessi signed up to a longer deal with only then having one year left in contract in June 2019.

I think we’re looking at a lot more than that hooper, weestwood and Abdi will be on more than 100k per week or there and there abouts between them and if rumours are true jones is on 1.6million a week 

I hope we get hooper back fit and on form again if so I’d defiantly retain him if the price is right. A fit on form hooper adds so much to how we play 

7 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think we’re looking at a lot more than that hooper, weestwood and Abdi will be on more than 100k per week or there and there abouts between them and if rumours are true jones is on 1.6million a week 

I hope we get hooper back fit and on form again if so I’d defiantly retain him if the price is right. A fit on form hooper adds so much to how we play 

Hooper match fit is a game changer but if he is on anything north of £30,000 a week we need to get rid, he has never play 30 league games since we have had him. In the premier league he is a good squad player but a team struggling with FFP, we need players who can play every game if picked not 60% of them.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Hooper match fit is a game changer but if he is on anything north of £30,000 a week we need to get rid, he has never play 30 league games since we have had him. In the premier league he is a good squad player but a team struggling with FFP, we need players who can play every game if picked not 60% of them.

I agree with that logic to some extent but isn’t hooper a nearly 1 goal in two or three games 

if if he plays 60% of games he’s good for around 15 goals and the thing about hooper is he’s our best forward and linking up play 

I think If he was fit all season he’d play not much more than 60% anyway but it’s being available and for for the other 40% that would be usefull and also not having to use 5/6 games as season getting back to form and match fit 

9 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

For our embargo to be lifted there must be a new source of income that the EFL are taking time to ratify?

i hope so as it gives me another excuse to walk around singing,

“there’s a rat-ification what am I going to do?”  (I’m singing it anyway)

Thats what I’m led to believe from the drunk guy in the pub, new investment stream that the EFL have to approve. 

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

I agree with that logic to some extent but isn’t hooper a nearly 1 goal in two or three games 

if if he plays 60% of games he’s good for around 15 goals and the thing about hooper is he’s our best forward and linking up play 

I think If he was fit all season he’d play not much more than 60% anyway but it’s being available and for for the other 40% that would be usefull and also not having to use 5/6 games as season getting back to form and match fit 

But for the lets say £30,000 a week he is on we could get in two wing backs who play every game. Do we have a striker to add to the other 5 we have or do we get rid and improve the team.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But for the lets say £30,000 a week he is on we could get in two wing backs who play every game. Do we have a striker to add to the other 5 we have or do we get rid and improve the team.

I think we will improve the team even if we retain hooper if it was just hooper out of contract I’d agree 100% and I still see your point 

for me it’s all down to what impact hooper can have between now and when his contract up 

Is it 8/9 contracts we have up at the end of the season 

jones and Abdi are the stand out ones to be released with probably Matias 

bannan and hooper and Joao I’d renew but again Joao needs more game time and he needs to be taking his chances 

he’s the only one with real pace in the team he’s always been stop start here and he needs to kick on this season too

there becomes a time when potential never comes and what we see is that player 

hooper is the better player but Joao has the potential I’d retain both 

37 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think we will improve the team even if we retain hooper if it was just hooper out of contract I’d agree 100% and I still see your point 

for me it’s all down to what impact hooper can have between now and when his contract up 

Is it 8/9 contracts we have up at the end of the season 

jones and Abdi are the stand out ones to be released with probably Matias 

bannan and hooper and Joao I’d renew but again Joao needs more game time and he needs to be taking his chances 

he’s the only one with real pace in the team he’s always been stop start here and he needs to kick on this season too

there becomes a time when potential never comes and what we see is that player 

hooper is the better player but Joao has the potential I’d retain both 

You make fair points but you're still looking at it from a football pov rather than financial.

BREAKING: Understand Sheffield Wednesday's transfer embargo has been lifted by the English Football League. Told they have satisfied the EFL's requirements and can sign players once again. There is likely to be an official announcement within the next 24 hours. 

#SWFC Dom Howson

Any Hooper contract extension needs to be on pay as you play basis. Somebody who onlyplays 30 games a season on average is a luxury.

Boyd, Matias, Abdi, Westwood and Jones we will be saying goodbye to all of them.

On Palmers efforts so far would be surprised if he is extended.