The embargo means we lost this lad

He was alright but just played because of injuries. his howler against Birmingham still haunts me. I think we are fine in defence play the kids and let them grow, i include van aken in that. Lees, Pudil, Van Aken with Baker and Thorniley at wing back can still be very good with Hutch, Nielsen, Palmer, Fox as cover. We don't need to sign bang average footballers anymore. Sign youngsters developing and sell on for fees to balance the books and build.

To be honest with the way things are now I think it’s a shame we no longer have Semedo.

People can say what they want about him, but I think he’d be a steadier performer and a better asset to some of the youth we’re bringing through than some of our other “options”.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

He was so desperate in Hull reserves he nearly went back to Blades.

And he's 1 of about 5 now top stoppers that Chansiri's mob missed - Mawson to Barnsley for 70k, etc.

He was never going to go back to blades. That was one of the usual deals that McCabe tells his supporters he is chasing them and they believe it. They never had a chance.

Similarly, we weren't in the market for players like Mawson as at the time we were looking at premier league definite quality players not potential stars from league 1.

The player we should have kept was Sasso. Much better than Venancio and would have been happy to stay, had we offered him first team football over Loovens.

we are seriously missing venancio ,our defence looks like a pack of cards ,pudil looks very poor and slow, van aken is a liability , lees has looked lost in the right of defence ,this next 7 days I think is going to be very interesting ,on paper very likely to lose tonight ,going to be a very inexperienced team . as for sunday if we defend like we have done upto now then we could get hit for 6 . 

32 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

we are seriously missing venancio ,our defence looks like a pack of cards ,pudil looks very poor and slow, van aken is a liability , lees has looked lost in the right of defence ,this next 7 days I think is going to be very interesting ,on paper very likely to lose tonight ,going to be a very inexperienced team . as for sunday if we defend like we have done upto now then we could get hit for 6 . 

ON PAPER,ON GOD DAM PAPER,"very likely to lose tonight" Sunderland are 3rd division,Loovens,i mean come on Loovens,got pelters on here for being to slow,christ alive.Very inexperienced team WTAF are you on about man ?

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

ON PAPER,ON GOD DAM PAPER,"very likely to lose tonight" Sunderland are 3rd division,Loovens,i mean come on Loovens,got pelters on here for being to slow,christ alive.Very inexperienced team WTAF are you on about man ?

the team tonight is a lot stronger than I thought so very winnable , not sure playing bannan ,lees etc tonight then again sunday is a good idea. 

Just now, handworth52 said:

the team tonight is a lot stronger than I thought so very winnable , not sure playing bannan ,lees etc tonight then again sunday is a good idea. 

Why,they're not being asked to run the london marathon twice with a two day rest between starts,crikey moses.

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Perhaps they had factored it into the budget.

And someone said "I know you've got £800k, but we're not going to let you spend it because you've broke some little rules we have"

I don't really know what the blunts get up to.

We haven't broken any rules yet. 

We are in the final year of the three years fair play league cycle. 

Man City have ignored the rules twice and paid the fine. 

Leicester ignored the rules and got promotion and won the league. 

Bournemouth ignored the rules and got promoted 

QPR broke the rules and got promoted

Brighton were on course to break the rules and turned everything around in the third year of the fpl 

We haven't broken any rules so far. We will have by the end of this season. That's unavoidable thanks to our owners mismanagement. 

As far this so called embargo. 

What embargo? We've only heard our owner say there is one. Why would an embargo be put on a club in April when the window is closed? Why would an embargo be placed on a club when they are still within the three year fpl period? 

Other clubs just ignore the fpl and pay the fine. None who have been fined have ever had a transfer embargo imposed on them during or after the three year fpl period. 

6 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Yes, Brentford will be a toughie.

Which is another reason why playing a young keeper isn't necessarily a good idea.

If all he does is pick the ball out of the net all afternoon, it can have a big impact on his confidence.

The last thing we need is a shell-shocked keeper.

12 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

With the benefit of hindsight, I think it's a crying shame we didn't offer Sasso a new deal either. He'd walk into our team right now.

I agree with this, we bought Van Aken to replace Sasso as our ball-playing defender but all the evidence so far suggests that Sasso is a better player.