#SWFC announce 6 game bundle - full details here

7 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Not going to happen with this current squad/ negative manager im afraid!

Dont' agree that he's a negative manager

Last season's results with him proved that

The last game Fletcher had three absolute mint chances that could have meant we thrashed Hull too

He's working under the worst circumstances right now and still trying to play with three up front. I just dont' agree he's negative at all

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

My quick calculations make it ~246 different ticket prices with the addition of these bundles, I think (could be wrong, but it is around that figure).

TWO-HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX DIFFERENT MATCH TICKET PRICES.

And that is not counting anything to do with Season Tickets.

Absolute madness.

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Because everyone would pick the obvious games, and seeing as the likes of the pigs game will likely sell out, yet you don't have to commit to the game nearer the time, how would it work logistically - what tickets could you put on general sale etc? Plus, they know they can charge £40 odd each, and it will still sell out anyway.

I don't think games sell out anymore do they?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I don't think games sell out anymore do they?

The Piggy game does - you know that.  Also, can you imagine SAG and SYP, not knowing what stands will be filled with how many supporters, and in which sections, like they normally would a week or two in advance?:duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

The Piggy game does - you know that.  Also, can you imagine SAG and SYP, not knowing what stands will be filled with how many supporters, and in which sections, like they normally would a week or two in advance?:duntmatter:

A reduced capacity sell out tho and even then not all "sold out" seats are taken. 

• Like 1

The thing is, this is aimed at the casual fan. Casual fans either can't or are unwilling to lay out large sums of money depending on their own circumstances. I don't see this attracting them. If we want to fill the stadium lower the match day ticket prices, its the only answer.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The Owls are pleased to announce details of a six-game bundle package for the very first time as we trial alternative discounted methods for fans to enjoy the S6 atmosphere.

With 11 Championship games at Hillsborough remaining before Christmas, supporters will have the option to purchase a bundle to cover their choice of any six fixtures.

Indeed, mix and match the games up to and including Preston on Saturday 22 December and pick the package to suit you best!

The bundle is flexible too, as fans need not commit to all six games at once, but those who do must redeem their game in advance of matchday.

All bundles can be managed online, meaning there is no requirement to visit or call the Ticket Office to choose your games.

If the preferred match is not yet on sale, fans can return to their account at a later date and add as and when.

A tiered pricing system for bundles is in place with options for general sale prices, Silver Member prices and the biggest saving of all to our Gold Members. 

Prices

Kop General price Silver Member Gold Member
Adult  £180  £165  £145
Under 21/Over 65  £120  £105  £85
Under 17  £80  £55  £50
Under 11  £55  £25  £20

North/
Grandstand

General price Silver Member Gold Member
Adult  £200  £185  £165
Under 21/Over 65  £140  £125  £105
Under 17  £80  £55  £50
Under 11  £55  £25  £20

South General price Silver Member Gold Member
Adult  £220  £205  £185
Under 21/Over 65  £160  £145  £125
Under 17  £80  £55  £50
Under 11  £55 £25  £20

Please note that no upgrades will be available once purchased, for example if a Kop Bundle is purchased, tickets cannot be moved to another area of the stadium and no refunds will be available for missed matches.

How can I buy a Six-Match Bundle online?

1.    Click 'BUY NOW' and log into your account or click the bundles tab at the top of the page.

2.    Select which section of Hillsborough you would like your Bundle and select quantity to ‘1’.

3.    Proceed to checkout.

How can I allocate matches to my Bundle online?

Once you have bought your Bundle, please use the steps below, ensuring you have redeemed your ticket no later than 5.00pm the day before a game you wish to attend. 

CLICK HERE and log in to your account.

The Bundle you have purchased will be displayed on the following page. Please click on your Bundle to highlight it yellow, and click ‘Select Event’.

1.    You will then be able to allocate your Bundle to one of the fixtures currently on sale. We usually have tickets on sale four weeks prior to the fixture.

2.    The seat selection page will be displayed, giving you the opportunity to select your seat.

3.    You can select your matches one at a time or multiple matches by repeating the process.

Once finished, click checkout and complete your purchase. Your ticket will be issued as an e-ticket unless stated otherwise.

Really exited when I heard this logged straight on to the website the I saw the price I would have to pay £220 for 6 games or £36.67 a game.

I go to the home game against Ipswich it will cost me £39, Millwall £36 (or cheaper to pay on the gate than in advance) -  I don't know what other games I would go to but if I had read it was £180 - £190 for 6 games I would have got one but £220 on the south is just too expensive.

Its a good idea but it has to be priced correctly or its a wasted idea. If we have any category E, F or G it will be more expensive to get a 6 game bundle than pay on the gate.

50 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

My quick calculations make it ~246 different ticket prices with the addition of these bundles, I think (could be wrong, but it is around that figure).

TWO-HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX DIFFERENT MATCH TICKET PRICES.

And that is not counting anything to do with Season Tickets.

The only other organisation I can think of that has a similar approach to ticketing is British Rail for gods sake and we all know what people think of that. That is the problem when dire need to sell drives things. You get an outcome of overlaying of pricing structure which leads to confusion  and mistrust. Its like looking through a fog. A good idea is turned into yet another damp squib. .Also, as previously stated by someone on here, what about the possibility of a Saturday fixture moving to another night game and the individual cannot go on new date ????

Cannot even do the British Rail type thing by buying a bundle on say the KOP and then further your journey to reach a destination in the South/North, for a game or two.Just up grade the ticketing system to allow it, it wouldn't cost much and would bring in a few more quid .Every little helps.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah fair and I hear you

I just think that unless they did something crazy/mad like doing £20 sit anywhere you want tickets for the rest of the season that literally the only thing going to attract fans back now is an incredible run of wins and us sitting up in the top 6 of the Championship, playing incredible football.

Let's hope that's the case.

Or we sign a great player on loan that the fans come to see. You look when we sign Chrissy Waddle in the 90's it got bums on seats to see him play.

We are under an embargo so we have to be creative, but if we some how could get one of man city/man utd/ Chelsea rising young star for next to nothing say on the right wing fans would turn up to see them.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

So £30 a game for adults on Kop, and just £15 saved if you're a £50 silver membership holder.  Would have thought it would be £150 total to reflect the £5 off per game which they advertise.  

The scheme could be a winner but it's  still too expensive for most casual fans.  

I agree.

I opened this thread with great interest. Thinking hmmm.... if it’s £150 I might get one of these. £25 a game. As I know my mates on the Kop pay around £20 a game by having a season ticket. Figured I can easily go sit with them. Pick and choose when I fancy it and I’ll feel obligated to go.

I hardly go anymore. Went about 6 times Carlos’ first season. Maybe 3 season after. Didn’t go last year as finances weren’t great, other things took priority and I stopped enjoying the football.

Bare in mind I was a season ticket holder in the past for around 5-6 years I believe. Stopped going when I went to uni. 

As as soon as you fall out the habit of going it’s damn hard to get people back. 

I applaud the idea from the club, just yet again the pricing isn’t quite right. It might be for some, but bare in mind I’m talking about me personally. Just not value for money for me.

A tad frustrating as if I go to 6 games all of a sudden I might get bug again and keep going more in the future. 

So the gist of everyone is step in the right direction but yet again with everything at the club the price point is all wrong and the club continue making everything as complicated as possible.

6 game bundle 1 price for adults 1 price for kids and OAP that's it two prices not the 36 prices they have launched with. If you combine it with the silver or goal package you get the saving you would have got with them £5 off for Silver £10 off for Gold. How many people may well go back and buy the gold membership if they could get two lots of the 6 game bundle and then save another £60 x 2 = £120 from their £90 membership.

We all see it very easy - either we just don't have a clue as a club or we are not in that much of a financial mess and we don't need more fans in the stands. 

I get the club are trying and that’s a good thing

i think the idea in general is a good one, but I just don’t see a real incentive to make fans think “I’m going to buy this,”

The point is the prices we now charge just aren’t value for money to most fans, but fans been fans they will pay over the odds but only for so long!!!