Sunderland FC - Vs - #SWFC (League Cup MDT)

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No automatic alt text available.

SUNDERLAND - V - WEDNESDAY 

League Cup First Round

Stadium of Light

Kick off : 1945

S'land 6/4   Draw 5/2   Owls  19/10

Well just two weeks into the virgin season and already more talking points than most of last.  "The manager is a liar" seems to be a popular but , IMO, grossly unfair theme to much of it. We've yet to get a win against 'Sides we should be beating' - a phrase that has always made me shudder.

And of course the Chairmans Fans forum from which there has been plenty of news. But equally, apparently, no news. Depending on what you actually want to hear.

Whatever this means I don't know. What I do know is that there was enough information garnered from it for the Owls Americast team to put together this excellent audio piece describing all the possible repercussions of the news which has come out since the season kicked off against Wigan.

If you haven't already , you really should have a listen and I'd urge you all too. Especially those who feel that they have somehow missed the news or don't understand the break down. The chaps have really put together an excellent piece. 

I listen to a lot of Podcasts myself. They help me relax as I drop off to sleep in the evening.

Though I must admit that by the time I was ten minutes into this I was more in this sort of state!

tenor.gif?itemid=5525992

So be warned before you listen. Maybe have half a valium, and definitely make sure you are sat down. Those with a weaker constitution may want to think about putting a towel in the chair or wearing some sort of kek-liner. 

So with all the recent revelations. The failure to claim a win yet and the ongoing rumbles about everything else what is often seen as a nothing game -the first round of the league cup now becomes quite a big one and terms of keeping the doom clouds at arms length.

This 'nothing' first round Cup game could actually provide a nice tonic and distraction and well, football really. Because that's the reason we're all here. 

There was a time I didn't give a hoot about anything but that 90 minutes. 

I don't know when that changed, but I often wish I could fine once more that simple love once more.  Maybe a Cup run will do just the trick.

Wednesday travel to  Wearside with big Adthe Nuhiu back in contention and it's hard not to think that Jos will be tempted to stick the talismanic striker back in to spearhead his attack. Especially as Steven Fletcher put in a tremendous hard working display against Hull after so long out with his troublesome leg. Yes, even at this early stage I think it's going to be a case of taking no risks. 

Lucas Joao looks like he might not be fit to play. Sorry. Might "cry off" again. Morgan Fox might also miss the trip. I do feel for that boy.

Yes, yes, I know. He's paid a fortune for a job we'd love to do. Yadda, yadda , yadda. But my heart did go out to him with those ironic cheers.

You do wonder where a player goes from there mentally. 

Anyway..

Sunderland have a number of injury concerns ahead of the  clash. Dylan McGeouch and Ehtan Robson missed Saturday's League One 1-1 Luton.

The Black Cats already have a growing list of players on the bench including Duncan Watmore (cruciate ligament), Jerome Sinclair (hamstring), Donald Love (ankle ligaments), Charlie Wyke (knee), Tom Flanagan (knee) and Aiden McGeady (calf)

While Wednesday will be considering starts for the likes of youngsters Matt Penney (I genuinly think we have nothing to lose on that score) and perhaps even Alex Hunt in midfield,  Sunderland will be looking to the experience of former Owls skipper Glenn Loovens

The 34 year old spent 5 years at Hillsborough and gave us fantastic service in that time. 

“It will be good to see Glenn he was a great character here and a good guy and everybody misses him," said Scottish scamp Barry Bannan earlier today speaking to Snooty TV. “I saw him a few weeks ago and I keep in contact with him regularly.

“I will stay away from him on the pitch because I know he likes to kick a few people! I will stay away from him until after the game.”

And it's fair to say that that's probably not bad advice. 

loovens.gif

I really think a good result would be just the job for the lads , for all that is wrong at the club, and even with the shadow cast after monday night, a win always puts people in a lighter mood and more positive frame of mind and that is going to be vital to us this year.  Especially if we are going to be blooding more and more of the Youth players.  I don't want to get happy clappy about it but the lads really are going to need us more than ever this season.  

Lets get up there and get a result against these lot and take ourselves into the Brentford match on a high! 

No idea what the side will be. It's all guess work at this stage until things settle down a bit. -:

No automatic alt text available.

Anway I'm off now. Got to meet the table makers about a new billiard table for the club house..

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

You'll get slated for leaving early lol

• Haha 2

Wildsmith - - - - -Dawson

Boyd - - - - - - - -Thorniley

Van Aken - - - - -Pudil 

Neilsen - - - - - - Hutchinson

O'Grady- - - - - - Lees

Palmer- - - - - - - Baker

Preston- - - - - - -Reach

Jones - - - - - - - Bannan

Hunt - - - - - - - -Pelupessy

Matias - - - - - - Forestieri 

Fletcher - - - - - Nuhiu

Vs. Sunderland. Vs. Brentford.

Might aswell give Jack Lee, Matt Penney and Borukov some minutes too against Sunderland

Edited by bigash_swfc

Excellent thread as per Pauli. Probably your best ever. I shall read it later when I can be arsed. In Florida at the moment so will probably read with an iced tea and a piece of key lime pie.

Good news about Tay Tay and the Shadow Llama aka Carlton Palmer. Both have recovered from their terminal illnesses after visiting that medical company Hooper, Nando and COG used and recommended on the Westfield Scheme. The one in Barcelona.

Tay Tay was going to meet me for a coffee and a day out at Busch Gardens but in the end suggested a threesome instead. Bringing her mate along with her. Some tart called Spritney Beers or something like that.

Anyhow about the football. I reckon The Wednesday 23 The Cat Flaps 0 (Nuhiu 23).

UTO FTB WTID WAWAW SOS

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Excellent thread as per Pauli. Probably your best ever. I shall read it later when I can be arsed. In Florida at the moment so will probably read with an iced tea and a piece of key lime pie.

Good news about Tay Tay and the Shadow Llama aka Carlton Palmer. Both have recovered from their terminal illnesses after visiting that medical company Hooper, Nando and COG used and recommended on the Westfield Scheme. The one in Barcelona.

Tay Tay was going to meet me for a coffee and a day out at Busch Gardens but in the end suggested a threesome instead. Bringing her mate along with her. Some tart called Spritney Beers or something like that.

Anyhow about the football. I reckon The Wednesday 23 The Cat Flaps 0 (Nuhiu 23).

UTO FTB WTID WAWAW SOS

I know we've never met but please invite me on your next holiday, that is all..... lol

• Haha 1

I don't go for this "it's only a cup tie, doesn't matter" attitude

I look back on Newcastle away as the match that kick-started the Carlos era

Followed by a win at Brentford and by the time Arsenal rolled up in the next round we thought we might actually be on to something  :rolleyes:

Jos will make changes (as Carlos did up at St James Park) but this will be his 27th competitive game in charge

He knows his squad, he's improved their fitness, now it's time for him to get them organized and for them to start delivering

A good run of results through to Christmas starts tonight  :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Jos will make changes (as Carlos did up at St James Park) but this will be his 27th competitive game in charge

Wow doesn't time fly when your having fun...

...2-0 Wednesday tonight with some of the kids playing (and playing well like Saturday) I know its s**t being skint again but i'm enjoying seeing players we produce get game time. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Every faith we can go up there and get a result.

Last time we played up there we came away 3-1 winners.

Joao, Lees and Nuhiu.

Capture.PNG

Is Hunt on loan for one match? :wacko:

Sorry, thinking about the wrong Hunt. :biggrin:

Edited by ChinaOwl

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Is Hunt on loan for one match? :wacko:

You might have hit a winner there.

We sell all our players and then loan back the ones we want offering to pay just 50% of their wages

*Though Jones would still be on £3 billion p/w

Edited by Lord Snooty