A Quick Look at SWFC's Finances

8 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Lets be reyt..he bought Rhodes to nudge us over the line (hoped he would) Winall was nearly free and still is an asset.

It backfired but at the time it looked like an expense we could put up with, after all we were in with a very good chance of going up...a very good chance.

It was a gamble and make no mistake if he had been unwilling to gamble he would still have got plenty of stick.

He was willing to have a go...put his money where his mouth was...it failed, shyte happens.

His mistakes were listening to CC and his 'advisors'....and don't forget plenty of Wednesday fans believed in CC...the foookin sun shined out of his arris for many on here even when it was obvious he had lost it.

It is nigh on impossible to get out of this league without sailing close to the wind ffp wise.

Better to try and fail than never try at all.

I ain't no DC fan but for different reasons.

I thought Rhodes would just take the one or two chances we have been missing since Carl Shutt left to take us up. DC gambled with most of us cheering him on. He feels a bit peeved that we are now calling him a tight wad, but with CC trying to defend our way into the top flight it was always going to come down to fine margins. During extra time of that semi against Udders, Rhodes  had a half chance, hit it well, goalie saved brilliantly. They are now shopping at Cole Brothers while we are touring the charity shops. Won’t be forever - look at Forest - but we have to stay in this league for the next two years before we can gamble again. 

For what it's worth, here's how I think it went wrong:

"Dell Boy/Advisors....don't worry Rodders/DC this time next year we will all be billionaires"

Rodders opens the cheque book, spend, spend, spend.

By November last year Rodders starts to think Dell Boy is pulling a fast one. He hangs on to CC through loyalty alone....but it can't go on.

CC departs

Enter the CEO, she calls Rodders into her office.

"Err Rodders what the foook have you been doing, I've just gone over the accounts... "You do realise we are in the brown stuff next year"

Rodders, "why, we will go up this season, CC say so, I need to buy players because of injuries'

CEO, like fooook you can buy players and like foooketer fooook will we go up. We are in the SHyte with FFP..

Rodders, 'that fooookin Dell Boy, he never told me about fair football prices....anything else?