A Quick Look at SWFC's Finances

That's great work @OwlWednesday - THANK YOU for doing that

This bit worries me massively 

Current FFP rules allows the club to lose a total of £39m on a 3 year rolling basis, with the third year being a financial forecast for the next season.

It's important to note that since it's on a rolling basis, FFP will be harder to keep in check given the first years net loss will change from the 9.7m in 15/16 to the 21m in 16/17.

And that's before we signed Jordan Rhodes too right?

Genuinely dont' know how we're going to break out of this one even if we sell players
Lets hope the chairman can help us out of it

Owlstalk Shop

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Excellent work OwlWednesday! 

Don’t forget that with regards to P&S, some costs such as youth development are excluded from the £39m total. 

But on the flip side, related party transaction revenues that exceed fair value eg. D Taxis and Elev8 are also excluded...

Edited by HillsboroughOwlNI

One thing I would say is the increase in revenue from ticket sales despite only a 3% rise in attendances over the last couple of seasons kind of vindicate DCs strategy, i’m amazed it’s that high...clearly he thinks this is the way to get us out of this mess.

4 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Don’t forget that with regards to P&S, some costs such as youth development are excluded from the £39m total. 

But on the flip side, related party transaction revenues that exceed fair value eg. D Taxis and Elev8 are also excluded...

The related party transactions for the sponsorship are noted in the latest financial statements in some of the later auditor notes.

It says that all of them come to £1.2m and are at arms length, so they should be allowed under the FFP regulations.

Also maybe worth noting that there was also a comment about substantial bonuses and other payments which would become liable if we were promoted to the premier league which add up to about 9m. But I suppose that's nothing in comparison to the extra revenue which would be generated.

Some great detail there and well explained - but wow that's depressing. 

Given the loss in 16/17 was circa £20m, I can only assume the 17/18 loss will be at least this figure, if not substantially more.  On the back of that our rolling loss over three years is likely to be in excess of £50m!   Also, as you've rightly pointed out, that's only going to get worse next year when we can't use 15/16's lower figure of £9.7m loss. 

Holy poo!   

I see this as a metaphor for SWFC. You can cast the protagonist accordingly....but in my version, DC is speeding through the intersection, the car that gets hit is the club and the miraculous escapers are the fans. In classic Hollywood style, the ultimate ending is left to your imagination. lol

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18341-1360352159-9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

What do you think the news is we have been waiting to hear?

Basically, it is a case to prove that 'related transaction' are not actually related transactions. The courts will overrule the F.A. 

This means that DC is trying to get around the rules to fund us. The F.A know this and trying to stop this happening. 

The case will be announced soon I'm sure...... 

If we lose then its a fine (and maybe the points DC is worried about for trying to srew their rules)

I can only see 2 ways out of this, one is promotion which I think is very unlikely and the other is the sale of a number of our top players. Sad but if that is what we have to do we will have to do it eventually.

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

Why after losing 21million did DC sanction the signing of Fletcher on a 4 year contract and Jordan Rhodes.....Mental 

Most gamblers insist, just one more big bet, also poor gamblers are easy to persuade.

DC should have got rid of his trainer and his 'tipster' much earlier than he did.

2 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Based on the above...which is a great read, more simplistic than trying to buy a matchday ticket in fact...

Why after losing 21million did DC sanction the signing of Fletcher on a 4 year contract and Jordan Rhodes.....Mental 

I might be mis-reading/mis-understanding theses figures,but if stephen fletcher was signed in july 2016,he was signed after the first years losses announced of £9.7 million from june 2016 to may 2016 ?