Give Pelupessy a break

9 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

And yet I'd take his opinion over yours, given that he made a decent post and backed up his opinion, and you picked up on one line of it to try and make a couple of arsey points. 

I've not seen Pelupessy play this season, hopefully see him tomorrow evening if he plays. Find it handy reading other's opinions of him though, just not yours... yet?

Your in for a treat if you've not seen him play yet!!!!

I don't need to put a long winded asssesment of his performances on here to justify what I've seen with my own eyes as im sure I've covered that last season and this. But if you want to get "arsey" about a player you admit to having not seen this season then fine. Look forward to reading your assessment of him? once you have actually seen him play!!!

5 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Your in for a treat if you've not seen him play yet!!!!

I don't need to put a long winded asssesment of his performances on here to justify what I've seen with my own eyes as im sure I've covered that last season and this. But if you want to get "arsey" about a player you admit to having not seen this season then fine. Look forward to reading your assessment of him? once you have actually seen him play!!!

Aye fair play, apologies didn't mean to come over as arsey as I did! Just thought you were being a touch harsh on what I thought was a decent post. 

I'll watch out for him if he plays, but I'll have had a few pints by then, and I'm far from an expert...

I'll admit he didn't massively impress me last season, he just looked steady. Maybe he'll kick on this season, don't think he should be written off yet.

5 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Aye fair play, apologies didn't mean to come over as arsey as I did! Just thought you were being a touch harsh on what I thought was a decent post. 

I'll watch out for him if he plays, but I'll have had a few pints by then, and I'm far from an expert...

I'll admit he didn't massively impress me last season, he just looked steady. Maybe he'll kick on this season, don't think he should be written off yet.

Fair enough pal, I've got to say i wasn't over impressed with him last season and was hoping for better this season now he's had time to settle here and integrate to the group but he's been dissapointing to say the least.

Can't understand this antipathy towards Pelupessy , yet adoration of Bannan, who.let's face it, does a lot of spectacular running about, but has so little outcome from it.

It seems obvious to me that Joey and Bannan are playing as two wing halves, imo a much more descriptive role than the RWB / LWB terms often used. One is playing a defensive midfield role, the other an 'attacking' role. Far too often, Pelupessy is left with little  or no back-up from Bannan, who is very much a loose cannon at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Can't understand this antipathy towards Pelupessy , yet adoration of Bannan, who.let's face it, does a lot of spectacular running about, but has so little outcome from it.

It seems obvious to me that Joey and Bannan are playing as two wing halves, imo a much more descriptive role than the RWB / LWB terms often used. One is playing a defensive midfield role, the other an 'attacking' role. Far too often, Pelupessy is left with little  or no back-up from Bannan, who is very much a loose cannon at the moment.

I don't think the current set up suits either.

I'm not sure who the current set up does suit to be honest apart from Pudil 

Guest oz_owl
10 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No, not an odd process, just not a,  " everyone's a winner really " tree hugger process !   And....  vilified, ??? vilified ?    You'd make out we'd dragged him through the streets and burnt him in phooking effigy. !!

He's being criticised for playing poorly !!  And he has been !

And you call my thinking odd ?  

The worlds gone mad, kids aren't criticised for being crap anymore, everyone thinks they are great, when... they aren't, so they stay in the same sport etc, thinking they are brilliant, because some huggers told them so.

Rather than move on and actually achieve something in a sport, hobby, field of work, that they can actually excel in.

he's playing CRAP.... he needs to be told, so he can either , improve, or move on.

I didn't call your thinking odd because you were criticising his performances.  I called it odd that you implied he wouldn't care about his performances or how other people perceived him because of how much he was paid.

If you want to react to what I say that's fine, but at least react consistently to your original starting point.

One thing which annoys me with him is when he looks over his shoulder to check for a closing man, when he is receiving a pass. He just stops. He can't do it and carry on running.

That cost us a goal at Wigan, and nearly cost us one against Hull.

He needs to realise he doesnt have time to do that here in England. Look once you've got the ball.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

Guest oz_owl
1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

It's called moving along with the dialogue - Have a nice day

Haha, more like obfuscation.  :laugh: