The Sheffield Wednesday Card

The #SWFC Card

Given to every single supporter of Sheffield Wednesday that applies for one for FREE

Get a sponsor on the back of them to cover the cost of production, distribution and maintenance of the scheme

Every singly spend at the club that you make whether on merchandise, programmes, tickets, shirts - WHATEVER - accumulates points

As you accumulate points you accumulate priority for tickets which you can use to get first dabs on away tickets, big games etc

Those with most points get most priority for tickets

Encourages everyone to be included in the SWFC family, more importantly encourages spend at the club, and includes EVERYONE no matter their background, income or available spend per season.

Literally that simple

Owlstalk Shop

This was literally the idea behind the WednesdayCard.

Basically like a loyalty card, with the added bonus that you can load your match tickets onto it and have a seamless, paperless, ticket experience (and the plan was at one time to eventually make the whole stadium cashless, so you load the WednesdayCard with money and can use that at the kiosks for quick service, etc). Season Tickets and Membership versions of the WednesdayCard would have their tickets and benefits pre-loaded on your account attached to the card.

Their were different levels to it that earned different levels of points/benefits: Season Tickets were the top tier, Membership the next tier, then everyone else was the entry level. If you wanted to upgrade, you just paid the cost of membership or season ticket and it was all loaded onto your existing card ready for use.

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Their were different levels to it that earned different levels of points/benefits:

I'm out at this point

Tiers/Categories/Memberships/Foundations/Different pricing - can all do one

Simplify it and cut out all the unneccessary

Merge everything into one simple product, simple to buy, simple to use, and no tiers, categories etc 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm out at this point

Tiers/Categories/Memberships/Foundations/Different pricing - can all do one

Simplify it and cut out all the unneccessary

Merge everything into one simple product, simple to buy, simple to use, and no tiers, categories etc 

handbags.jpg

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The #SWFC Card

Given to every single supporter of Sheffield Wednesday that applies for one for FREE

Get a sponsor on the back of them to cover the cost of production, distribution and maintenance of the scheme

Every singly spend at the club that you make whether on merchandise, programmes, tickets, shirts - WHATEVER - accumulates points

As you accumulate points you accumulate priority for tickets which you can use to get first dabs on away tickets, big games etc

Encourages everyone to be included in the SWFC family, more importantly encourages spend at the club, and includes EVERYONE no matter their background, income or available spend per season.

Literally that simple

Or here an idea that a bit out there - Sheffield Wednesday supporters loyalty card, business pay Sheffield Wednesday to get themselves included. Sheffield Wednesday fans then can shop using their loyalty card to be swiped that gives them reward points in the Owls Megastore.

The local business get increased turnover because they have aligned themselves with The owls, the club gets paid money from the retailers for signing up to the scheme. The fans build up points to use in the owls megastore against future purchases. Everyone wins but the club wins double as the get money in from business but also get more fans spending money in the clubs stores in order to redeem their benefits.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The #SWFC Card

Literally that simple

If you get 10 points for attending a game (like they do with priority points now) the points thing isn't going to be worth it really.

Barry bought a Mars bar at the ground he gets 0.05 priority points

Barry has put on 400 stones in a day but he is able to get a Reading ticket 3 weeks after first release due to the points scheme 

6 minutes ago, torres said:

If you get 10 points for attending a game (like they do with priority points now) the points thing isn't going to be worth it really.

Barry bought a Mars bar at the ground he gets 0.05 priority points

Barry has put on 400 stones in a day but he is able to get a Reading ticket 3 weeks after first release due to the points scheme 

Don't think this thread is your strong point mate

Owlstalk Shop

Let me see if i have got this right then - please correct me when and where i misunderstand 

A card you have to apply for - is this through post/e mail/phone call/website - all 4? - you already stated that tickets were too complicated for most.

You stated the club were poor at putting simple stuff on their website - membership etc  - now you expect them to add this too.

Get a sponsor on the back - Ooooookay!! so you mean D Taxi's, Elev8 or another made up one that we only use. This'll bring costs down no end.

You get points for every single spend - you stated before how things were too complicated, so how will this work? 

2 points for a shirt? 1 point for some socks? or .05 points per pound??

Not sure the ticket office staff are going to be overly chuffed at the idea of sorting these points. 

Seems a lot of messing about (that i'm sure you were against) for very little return 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Let me see if i have got this right then - please correct me when and where i misunderstand 

A card you have to apply for - is this through post/e mail/phone call/website - all 4? - you already stated that tickets were too complicated for most.

You stated the club were poor at putting simple stuff on their website - membership etc  - now you expect them to add this too.

Get a sponsor on the back - Ooooookay!! so you mean D Taxi's, Elev8 or another made up one that we only use. This'll bring costs down no end.

You get points for every single spend - you stated before how things were too complicated, so how will this work? 

2 points for a shirt? 1 point for some socks? or .05 points per pound??

Not sure the ticket office staff are going to be overly chuffed at the idea of sorting these points. 

Seems a lot of messing about (that i'm sure you were against) for very little return 

WOW

No offence mate but I'm not going to spend any time replying to that total mess of a post

Let's agree to disagree on this one as I can't/won't be reading any more of your posts on this idea.

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The #SWFC Card

Literally that simple

Except you get points for how much you spend, so those who can’t afford or low income, can’t really benefit from it. 

We need less gimmicks covering up the poor pricing strategy and more transparency and honest pricing. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Except you get points for how much you spend, so those who can’t afford or low income, can’t really benefit from it. 

You could have points for how many games you attend

Either way - make it a card that everyone gets, make it inclusive to absolutely everyone who wants one, and make it work

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WOW

No offence mate but I'm not going to spend any time replying to that total mess of a post

Let's agree to disagree on this one as I can't/won't be reading any more of your posts on this idea.

lol

It was you that came up with the bronze plaque idea wasn't it?? You little tinker 

This one might just be worse!!

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You could have points for how many games you attend

Either way - make it a card that everyone gets, make it inclusive to absolutely everyone who wants one, and make it work

But don't we have that already? Pointzzz

So if one guy who never goes to many games spends 10 grand on a car with a sponsor and gets 500 points instantly and can get a semi final(type) ticket straight away. 

No one would be disgruntled? Season ticket holders, shareholders, members with 20+ games in a season.. etceteraaa

• Thanks 1