One issue #SWFC has is the perception of high prices

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I've said before and ill say it again!

People wouldn't complain as much if we were top of the league!

I think you’ll find they would. The standard of football isn’t the issue of price; issue is the price of football regardless of how well the team are doing. It’s a big ask and I suspect most people would have to make some kind of sacrifice in order to go. In recent years I found football to be a bit samy and it lost its appeal somewhat and that’s when we were flying. The pricing, all ticket matches and entire product needs revamping ... but that is going to cost time and money and in today’s “I want it yesterday” culture it’s unacceptable

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

That's not the point I'm making...season tickets are value for money...after the outcry of the first season ticket prices the cost went from £17.78 a match to £18.10 a match. people on here were saying that season ticket holders were somehow betraying the POTG supporters. Not one of our lot would have minded £20 POTG prices for the rest and most of them now wouldn't despite the " rip off" s/t prices. A bit like your snide comments

I didnt say they werent value for money. I said they were the 2nd highest priced in the Championship

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So - any ticket deals that come out, any 6 match bundles, any special offers, anything like that I think that not only should we help spread as far and wide as possible, but the club should invest for the first time in ages in a large scale marketing campaign to let people know about them.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

People who think tiered ticket pricing, category ticket pricing, tiered memberships and all the various schemes and memberships are necessary are completely wrong 

it’s over complex, puts people off bothering, and really needs simplifying 

The real truth is that no matter how you dress or try it up it is a complete mess

This regime started off on completely the wrong premis   ie that this area could /would pay 

Presented with an incredibly loyal core fan base with an equal size fanbase that needed nurturing the very first step was to insult and alienate the corporate customers and set the price so high for POTD that it caused a rift and a disconnect from day one

We are faced with a challenging season  possibly 2 seasons of austerity  IMO should we not get promoted there needs to be a new start ,a fresh new commercial outlook, invite and encourage, make this club more accessible, relate again to its lifeblood and everyone who loves it

• Like 1

I've started playing football on a Saturday morning now and get much more enjoyment out of that than I do when I bus it to Hillsborough afterwards. 

And that's not completely down to how we're doing on the pitch (a shambles at the minute because of the shambles off the pitch). 

The biggest draw of being a Wednesday fan to me isn't the thought of getting to the Premier League - it's the notion of the Wednesday family - helping each other out - WAWAW. 

Over the last few years that notion has evaporated to the point of almost nonexistence.

So many Wednesday fans priced out of supporting the club they love. We've gone into a 'season ticket or nothing' mode, and left lots behind in the process. 

Many can't afford a ST (especially at these prices), so they just don't go any more.

A lad I play football with has three kids, the oldest is 7,  and they still haven't been to a competitive match at Hillsborough yet - they've been to a few U23 games to get their fix. The guy I work with hasn't been for two years and one of my best mates has been converted to non-league football having spent less than a tenner to watch Frickley v Wednesday U23s with a pint and chicken curry included in the price. 

Attendances initially rose because the wealthy occasional supporters jumped on board when the product on the pitch was good. Now the product is sliding back down again, those 'wealthy occasionals' have stopped going, but the 'less wealthy occasionals' still can't afford to return. 

The Radio Sheffield saga is the one that really upset me. 

I rarely listen to it as i'm normally at the game, be it home or away, but my first thought was for the Wednesday family who would be affected by it. 

I couldn't shake the image of the old boy sat in a nursing home by the wireless - listening to his team on a Saturday afternoon one of life's pleasures. Taken away for the sake of the equivalent of a quarter of Jordan Rhodes' weekly pay packet. 

But you can buy iFollow for a fiver a month. More monetising. And no solution for those who struggle to turn a computer on. 

I started a petition to get the club to reconsider its stance, and within minutes I was receiving that much abuse I asked change.org to delete it. 

When the club announced the £50 membership would return as a silver package, I found myself going way over the top in my congratulations to the club for listening to the supporters, in the hope they'd get the message that good decisions get good responses. 

In truth, £50 is still an obscene amount of money. 

I know the OP is trying to whip up positivity, but my (admittedly small) positivity barrel is empty. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the other perception

That money is being wasted
That we're going to lose our best players
That we're potentially gonna end up in a relegation scrap
That fans seem to be blamed for pretty much everything
etc

Wednesday can and should do better

Needs an immediate positive PR drive on top of the other things going on currently around the club that have been positives.

It doesn't need a PR drive - we need the above issues addressing - because they are all pretty much fact

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the other perception

That money is being wasted
That we're going to lose our best players
That we're potentially gonna end up in a relegation scrap
That fans seem to be blamed for pretty much everything
etc

Wednesday can and should do better

Needs an immediate positive PR drive on top of the other things going on currently around the club that have been positives.

That is a must - DC's whole tenure has been like a 3 year episode of the apprentice!!!

10 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

That's not the point I'm making...season tickets are value for money...after the outcry of the first season ticket prices the cost went from £17.78 a match to £18.10 a match. people on here were saying that season ticket holders were somehow betraying the POTG supporters. Not one of our lot would have minded £20 POTG prices for the rest and most of them now wouldn't despite the " rip off" s/t prices. A bit like your snide comments

Phase 3 STs for the Kop are £530. The equivalent of £23 per game if you can get to every single game. You only have to miss a couple of matches - work means I miss about 5 - and you are up to £25 a game. 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's a right bargain to be fair 

What age do you have to be to qualify?

Just recently had reduced rates somewhere for being 60 or over, which is nice but what really got me was that no one challenged me. 

Ticket pricing should be as simple as this. 20 is plenty and lets fill the stadium, Kids should be free or a fiver tops. Will take Billboards, radio slots, magazine adverts, social media, google advertising, work in the community to make that have an effect over years of work. Season tickets should be 300 across the entire stadium and this would still save people money on matchday pricing and would leave room to make some games a tenner or even ........ free. Yes free. We have a 39,000 stadium and only fill half of it. Fill it and make up some revenue on merchandise and retail. Overall will not make up the entire difference, but the atmosphere of a full Hillsborough can not be compared, best stadium in the world. Make it so Chansiri.

8 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I've started playing football on a Saturday morning now and get much more enjoyment out of that than I do when I bus it to Hillsborough afterwards. 

And that's not completely down to how we're doing on the pitch (a shambles at the minute because of the shambles off the pitch). 

The biggest draw of being a Wednesday fan to me isn't the thought of getting to the Premier League - it's the notion of the Wednesday family - helping each other out - WAWAW. 

Over the last few years that notion has evaporated to the point of almost nonexistence.

So many Wednesday fans priced out of supporting the club they love. We've gone into a 'season ticket or nothing' mode, and left lots behind in the process. 

Many can't afford a ST (especially at these prices), so they just don't go any more.

A lad I play football with has three kids, the oldest is 7,  and they still haven't been to a competitive match at Hillsborough yet - they've been to a few U23 games to get their fix. The guy I work with hasn't been for two years and one of my best mates has been converted to non-league football having spent less than a tenner to watch Frickley v Wednesday U23s with a pint and chicken curry included in the price. 

Attendances initially rose because the wealthy occasional supporters jumped on board when the product on the pitch was good. Now the product is sliding back down again, those 'wealthy occasionals' have stopped going, but the 'less wealthy occasionals' still can't afford to return. 

The Radio Sheffield saga is the one that really upset me. 

I rarely listen to it as i'm normally at the game, be it home or away, but my first thought was for the Wednesday family who would be affected by it. 

I couldn't shake the image of the old boy sat in a nursing home by the wireless - listening to his team on a Saturday afternoon one of life's pleasures. Taken away for the sake of the equivalent of a quarter of Jordan Rhodes' weekly pay packet. 

But you can buy iFollow for a fiver a month. More monetising. And no solution for those who struggle to turn a computer on. 

I started a petition to get the club to reconsider its stance, and within minutes I was receiving that much abuse I asked change.org to delete it. 

When the club announced the £50 membership would return as a silver package, I found myself going way over the top in my congratulations to the club for listening to the supporters, in the hope they'd get the message that good decisions get good responses. 

In truth, £50 is still an obscene amount of money. 

I know the OP is trying to whip up positivity, but my (admittedly small) positivity barrel is empty. 

Agree with pretty much of this.

Chatting to my mate the other day, both of us season ticket holders/regular attenders in the past, both said it's not that enjoyable going anymore. Both of have young families and we now prioritise them.

The pursuit of the 'promised land' of the premier league is testicles really. I just want to feel part of a club grounded in the community and that all of us (players, management, owner, fans) are pulling in the same direction. Think thats all most of us want.

Honestly think DC doesn't get that, and therein lay the problem. 

And when pricing initiaves fail, I’ll repeat what I said earlier, it’s fans that get slagged off for not responding. Imagine Tesco launching a new pricing scheme, it fails to pull in punters and them turning round and blaming customers for lack of loyalty.

The club has concocted this labyrinthine overpriced scheme. The club needs to sort it. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

And when pricing initiaves fail, I’ll repeat what I said earlier, it’s fans that get slagged off for not responding. Imagine Tesco launching a new pricing scheme, it fails to pull in punters and them turning round and blaming customers for lack of loyalty.

The club has concocted this labyrinthine overpriced scheme. The club needs to sort it. 

Spot on mate 

Just have £20 adult tickets for every game and be done with it. Football has lost its soul. Marketing spend is totally unnecessary, there are so many computations involved in a match ticket nowadays I think many have given up. Reduce and simplify, but this issue is far bigger than Wednesday.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, slow83 said:

Just have £20 adult tickets for every game and be done with it. Football has lost its soul. Marketing spend is totally unnecessary, there are so many computations involved in a match ticket nowadays I think many have given up. Reduce and simplify, but this issue is far bigger than Wednesday.

:carlos:

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's do it big time, let's do it properly, and most importantly lets ALL (you, me, every reader of this site, every reader of any other site/group/twitter, and every single fan of Sheffield Wednesday) shout about it as hard and loud as possible

The problem to me is we lack any coherent strategy as a club on these offers. We now have a two tier membership which even at the lower rate is arguably over priced. So the 'new' bundle deals will have to strike a balance between being attractive to fans, and not f'ing off those that have got membership. Despite the fact membership offers other benefits, people tend to see price per ticket. You see a lot of other clubs putting up multi ticket deals in the second half of a season, which does seem to link a strategy in relation to team performance, cost and a desire to maintain attendance. But we seem to be making it up on the hoof. 

I applaud anything that makes our fans turn up in bigger numbers, but would clap louder if we looked like what we had a plan. I think DC is a bit Trump-lite, that decisions are based on vanity. 

Equally, before I get slated for being 'negative, I spaffed a Kings ransom for 3 adults and our 8 year old to watch us against Hull, potg. And now have bought silver membership' s, and will be back for Millwall. I would love to have some coherent plan that would let me financially plan to get me and the family to as many games as possible. So I'm trying, and just wish it was easier to plan.